I asked for patience and God sent me to the Philippines

nor cal mike
Posted
Posted (edited)

I have learned a great deal about patience over these last 20 years and I received most of my learning in the PI. After a few visits I learned that patience was absolutely necessary for a good stay in the PI. How has your patience been affected by your time in the PI.? I know we all have some good patience stories. 

Edited by nor cal mike
  • Like 3
  • Love it 2
  • Hmm thinking 2

Mark57
Posted
Posted

Teaching Driver education for over 30 years  taught me to be more patient 

• Like 4

nor cal mike
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mark57 said:

I bet it did. I remember teaching my children to drive and the test of my patience.

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Mark57 said:

I hear you!

Doing assessments for already ‘trained’ heavy vehicle drivers isn’t much better :)

• Like 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted

I thought I was relatively patient until I came here - I have since discovered that I have a tolerance level and, like an alarm clock, when the tolerance level is reached, I go off!

It's not so much being kept waiting, It's being kept waiting for no apparent good reason.  

• Like 4

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

I am heading out today for a 3 week break and reset my patience back to zero.

I find if I stay off the roads I can manage alright but once I had out and have to deal with them I stray off course.

Yesterday I was driving along at the same speed as everyone else 30kph, when a van came out at me from the left hand side, with me heading into the gutter to avoid contact, they just don’t care.

Last week at the store I was waiting at the counter, the only one there, when finally someone came to serve me this woman butted in and started to give her order as though I was invisible so I said in a loud voice ‘’wait your turn’’.

i just do not understand how rude these people can be, I could go on and on and on but I won’t just get out of here for a while.

• Like 3

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Because the tricycles are king of the road here and drive along at 25kph to save fuel, I drive along at 20kph to conserve fuel and wait till I have a procession of the behind me, then I go home.

Who in the hell told these people that driving along at night without lights on conserves fuel? Or is there some other reason?

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Onemore52 said:

Or is there some other reason?

Laugh icon.jpg Yup! No working Lights of course:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 1
  • Love it 2
  • Haha 1