I asked for patience and God sent me to the Philippines

hk blues
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

No point getting stressed about it... it’s just the way things are *shrug*

Of course, you are right!

I just wish more people here, not us foreigner trouble-makers but locals, would kick up a fuss when such things happen and then, in time, others would realise that such behaviour won't be tolerated.  At the moment, everyone grins and bears it whilst inwardly seething! 

• Like 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, GeoffH said:

No point getting stressed about it... it’s just the way things are *shrug*

Yeah no sense stressing, my wife renewed her passport while we were over there this time, apparently the new numbers weren't sent through to the immigration at the airport. Long and short of it all, we were held up with the wife going crook, me sitting on their baggage escalator grinning at the situation and a little sheila behind the counter requesting me to move so she could check other people in. No way hosa, not our fault someone had buggered up. It took less than five minutes to rectify the problem and we were on our way back to Oz were rudeness and incompetence just doesn't happen. :hystery: :hystery:

• Haha 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Clermont said:

apparently the new numbers weren't sent through to the immigration at the airport.

Sounds about right the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing,lucky for you it was easily sorted.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

What about the double lines in the middle of the road?

Those are the express lanes for motorcycles, one in each direction. :smile:

• Haha 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
On 2/6/2019 at 4:47 AM, nor cal mike said:

I have learned a great deal about patience over these last 20 years and I received most of my learning in the PI. After a few visits I learned that patience was absolutely necessary for a good stay in the PI. How has your patience been affected by your time in the PI.? I know we all have some good patience stories. 

Great topic. I use to get so utterly irritated with the guys that  think you can't park your own car without their help..waving you in..telling you when you're far enough into the spot. I used to not tip these guys but now I do. My GF made me chill. Get used to the way people live here or be irritated. I chose the latter.:wave:

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

Great topic. I use to get so utterly irritated with the guys that  think you can't park your own car without their help..waving you in..telling you when you're far enough into the spot. I used to not tip these guys but now I do. My GF made me chill. Get used to the way people live here or be irritated. I chose the latter.:wave:

When you park your car they will take care of it so best to tip

• Like 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, sonjack2847 said:

When you park your car they will take care of it so best to tip

True. But when I go into Mercury Drugs for 10 min. with a bunch of people around my car should be safe enough without someone watching over it.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

True. But when I go into Mercury Drugs for 10 min. with a bunch of people around my car should be safe enough without someone watching over it.

It's like when you tell them your car has an alarm so you don't need someone to keep an eye on it, then they reply " yes but can your alarm put out fires? :whistling: "

• Haha 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

True but I knew a guy at work that did not pay a parking "attendant" in the US.  Came to a broken window - and no witnesses...  

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

True but I knew a guy at work that did not pay a parking "attendant" in the US.  Came to a broken window - and no witnesses..

Here I pay them 5 peso it`s worth it.You probably have enough .25 coins and centavos to pay it and make room in your pockets.

• Like 2