How much is a travel visa to the USA

Chazrob0914
Posted
Posted

I have a new Filipina friend who wants to come and visit me in the USA.  She says she can obtain a 90 day travel visa.   She is not rich but is well established and has family ties.  I see that the US Government fee is $160.  She says that thru an agency she can get it for $1100.  Rip off?  Scam?

Appreciate any thoughts.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Chazrob0914 said:

I have a new Filipina friend who wants to come and visit me in the USA.  She says she can obtain a 90 day travel visa.   She is not rich but is well established and has family ties.  I see that the US Government fee is $160.  She says that thru an agency she can get it for $1100.  Rip off?  Scam?

Appreciate any thoughts.

How well do you know this new friend?

I assume she's asking you for the airfare and $1100.00? 

What do you think?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Old55 said:

How well do you know this new friend?

I assume she's asking you for the airfare and $1100.00? 

What do you think?

Scratching Head.jpg what can I sayWho knows (dave (1).jpg

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Most likely a scam.  First would be visa fee, then airline fee, then clothing for the trip, then someone in the family needs hospital treatment first, etc, etc.  

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)

Seems a bit expensive to me.  I'm not sure how different the cost of the visa is in the USA but when we used an agency based in Cebu for an Australian tourist visa I think the total with the application fee included was about $500AUD for a 12 month multiple entry tourist visa - maximum stay 90 days at a time.  The application fee for an Australian visa is about $168AUD from memory.  The agency we used were great, they covered all bases and we provided way too much information than was strictly necessary but now we're in a very good position for the residency visa with all the information we gathered. 

Personally I'd be emailing the agency in The Philippines myself for a breakdown of costs. 

We used Enhance Visa in Cebu and we couldn't recommend them highly enough.  Great service and very thorough. 

Edited by BrettGC
  • Thanks 1

Mark57
Posted
Posted

I read one time that about 95% of travel visas get turned down for filipinos  and about the same percentage 95% get approved for fiance and spousal visas.   I know an older lady in the philippines owns multiple properties, Is an upper level manager in a pinoy company    - well established family has applied 4 times for a travel visa to visit family and friends here in the USA and has been turned down each time.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Old55 said:

What do you think?

I think he needs due diligence and some research sounds a lot to me.

• Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

I think he needs due diligence and some research sounds a lot to me.

A forum search for, "Bigmac" you think? :56da64a10ceee_1(235):

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
56 minutes ago, Old55 said:

A forum search for, "Bigmac" you think? :56da64a10ceee_1(235):

Well that is a start but as was suggested he could also get in touch the visa company,I would .

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Chazrob0914 said:

Appreciate any thoughts.

I don't thing there is really a 90 day tourist visa.  I think the visas are usually valid for years, but only get you to the port of entry.  At the port of entry, the officer will determine how many days you can stay.

You have never met this girl?  How young?  You could be accused of human trafficking.  If it is not a scam.

• Like 1