Filipino Jails

Lordtariq83
Posted
Posted

Just in case one gets arrested in the philippines how bad is thier criminal justice system

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Lordtariq83 said:

Just in case one gets arrested in the philippines how bad is thier criminal justice system

YOU DO NOT WANT TO GET ARRESTED FULL STOP.You could be in jail for years without trial and you may starve to death,catch diseases get killed.

• Like 4

Ram1957
Posted
Posted

This will be your new home away from home if you run afoul of the immigration laws here in the Philippines. Unlike the States you do don't want to violate any immigration laws they will find you and jail you. The justice system is quite slow here and the US Embassy can't do anything for you. 

Screenshot-2019-02-04-at-6.50.32-pm (1).png

• Like 2

RubberChicken
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Lordtariq83 said:

Some topics benefit from the specific detail you only get on a forum. Justice System in Philippines is a classic google search type question. You will find endless data.

• Like 2

LUFCinMakati
Posted
Posted

I don't know the Guy personally, but a disabled Guy who followed Leeds spent 19 years in jail for possession of cannabis. It took a lot of people to put pressure on the British Government and in turn the Philippine Government to eventually get him out:

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/thrill-at-leeds-united-fan-s-freedom-from-manila-prison-1-4096791

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-leeds-16333373

The first link references Gary Edwards, who has written a few books, the first one "paint it white" was described by the Telegraph as one of the best sports books ever. Whilst it relates to Leeds, I have lent it to many friends who support other clubs who have loved the book. I fondly remember him talking about how much he was a Royalist and had a picture of the queen in his house, but when she knighted Sir Alex Ferguson he had to put her picture in the cupboard for a month :smile:

Slightly relating to this thread reminds me of a strange situation I found myself in. I was having a quiet drink and catching up with emails in the team insider bar, at the red planet hotel. I was the only guy at the bar when this huge half drunk guy, covered in tattoo's comes in and plonks himself down next to me. Tells me he's from Manchester and is a cage fighter, then proceeds to buy me shots, which I don't normally drink, but seemed foolish to refuse. Around an hour later he's completely pissed and gets into an argument with the manageress, who at the time was a friend of mine and my wife. He calls her a prostitute and I tell him to calm down and she isn't, plus she's a friend, this he ignores so I swiftly spotted a pool cue close by if it all went wrong. 

Things didn't calm down and she slapped his around the face and called the police, the police arrived and I thought they seem to know this Guy, but thought it may have been their way of calming the situation down, They cart him off and I go and calm the manageress down and go back the next day to see how she is. Lone behold when she went to the police station they had arrested him several times and the wife was there and pleaded not to press charges, she agreed to do this as long as he signed a document to say he would never go back to the bar. 

Wind this story on around a year or so and may friend is completing his 13A visa an chatting to his lawyer or whoever he was. My friend said do you do a lot of visa applications, he says no I usually get involved in deportation of foreigners and as a matter of fact I have just been involved in the deportation of a British Guy, he was a cage fighter.....................

In summary none of us want to spend time in a Filipino jail.  

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

It's not too bad. You can learn to dance while waiting in jail. :)

That was a killer :hystery:

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Lordtariq83 said:

If you are determined to find out, just do what a guy I used to know did. Got mind blowing drunk and tipped over a tricycle with people still in it. This was over 10 years ago. I don't know where they took him but he never showed up back at his apt. again.:89:  

• Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
48 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

It's not too bad. You can learn to dance while waiting in jail. :)

And if you are rich, famous, or a politician, you can claim sudden health problems that will allow you to stay in a hospital. Those of us that live here know what I'm talking about.

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

You mean like (among others) the Poison Dwarf with the neck-brace.... miraculously cured now of course ?  :rolleyes:

• Like 1