Repatriation:  Yes, you can go home again!

Jake
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

.......and dogs were happy to see me too. 

Hey Arizona Stud (no longer a kid),

But of course, they smell "apple" (stateside smell) and those pasalubong boxes packed with all the goodies....he, he.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Will the Philippines be my new home in the very near future , I have no idea , but we are hoping to be there for this coming November time for a few months doing the house up and seeing friends, the problem with that in my eyes it will be more of a holiday then living there forever sort of thing, but then again that may suit me better.

• Like 2

nor cal mike
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, CoffeeRulzMe said:

Been living here 7 years now. Still like it. Sure, there's that 'out of stock' problem and black smog from trucks etc.  But, it's still, in my mind, better than living in the USA.  Much better, considering the SJW/culture war has heated up a lot in the past few years.

What may I ask is the “SJW/culture “?

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, nor cal mike said:

What may I ask is the “SJW/culture “?

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=SJWss

giphy.gifsjw.JPG

• Like 2

nor cal mike
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

Thanks for that. A new one for me, although I’m all to aware of of the condition you describe and quite frankly I too am tired of walking on eggshells. Seems as though whatever you do or say will offend someone. Everyone is looking for a “safe space”. After 75 years on this earth I can tell them that if such a place exists, I have not found it. 

• Like 1

RubberChicken
Posted
Posted

Philippines sucks I left. Philippines is paradise I want to die here. Philippines in the middle. All part of a moving continuum. Gives the forum personality.

• Like 1

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Bet it wont be long before you are saying negative things about your home country and will be wanting to return to the Philippines. Grass is always greener for awhile. 

I've been saying negative things about the USA for 2 years (and I'm still saying negative things about the USA)  but I never say those things on this forum, since political discussions are typically frowned upon.

If I left my home country (the USA) again, I would never return back to the Philippines... IMHO, there are much greener pastures elsewhere.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

I've been saying negative things about the USA for 2 years (and I'm still saying negative things about the USA)  but I never say those things on this forum, since political discussions are typically frowned upon.

If I left my home country (the USA) again, I would never return back to the Philippines... IMHO, there are much greener pastures elsewhere.

While respecting your opinion I'm curious why you are a member here if you feel that way.:89:

• Like 3