Repatriation:  Yes, you can go home again!

nor cal mike
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

(Back on Topic) With My Final Thoughts:

I gave up a very comfortable Expat life in the Phils, considering that I had a brand new car and nice apartment (with Aircon, Ref, Hot Water, large screen TV, Internet, and Cable). 

Leaving that settled life was not an easy choice for me to make, and I don’t recommend it for every Expat in the Phils.  If truth be told, I struggled with making a decision to leave the Phils.  If it was not for the future of my 2 year old son, step-daughter, and wife, I would have gladly stayed and rolled with all of the punches. 

However, now that I have left, I am happy that I made the move, and I am grateful to this forum for all of your advice and for all of your good wishes with my move away from the Phils.

Mark thanks for sharing your story with us and I wish the best for you and your family as you adjust to and introduce your family to a new life here.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, CoffeeRulzMe said:

These days, many in the USA get triggered when they see large age-gap, especially if the man is the older one.

Except in Hollywood!  :smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

(Back on Topic) With My Final Thoughts:

I gave up a very comfortable Expat life in the Phils, considering that I had a brand new car and nice apartment (with Aircon, Ref, Hot Water, large screen TV, Internet, and Cable). 

Leaving that settled life was not an easy choice for me to make, and I don’t recommend it for every Expat in the Phils.  If truth be told, I struggled with making a decision to leave the Phils.  If it was not for the future of my 2 year old son, step-daughter, and wife, I would have gladly stayed and rolled with all of the punches. 

However, now that I have left, I am happy that I made the move, and I am grateful to this forum for all of your advice and for all of your good wishes with my move away from the Phils.

I'm supposing that the amount of money that you have or earn was a big part of the decision? I for one couldn't live in the US as comfortably as I do here! Good luck to you on your move.:smile:

• Like 3

Clermont
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, nor cal mike said:

While we may disagree, I'm happy to read your thoughts and I sincerely hope that in time you will get to see the PI. I'm familiar with so you can see and appreciate ALL it has to offer.

Generally Mike I don't respond to criticism on one of my posts.

Firstly I think I know a little about the PI's, my first  visit was in the early 70's. visiting regularly until early 80's. back again in 2000 and been doing this regularly until to-date. I think i have a bit of a handle on the PI's but their culture is changing, modern technology is changing it.

You are correct when you say they have a high moral status in baragays but the young have smart phones and easy access to dating sites now a days. How many innocent impressionable young adults start chatting to a stranger on these sites. I personally had a couple of very young girls chatting to me in the early 2000 and they left naught to what was expected of them when we were to meet, in the end I had to block them, all they were after was a ticket out of the PI's and like it or not, dropping the nickers was their ticket out. It's not love as a foreigner's sees it, read a lot of the threads and each month you'll read about a heart broken foreigner being ripped off or read blogs back home asking for advice from PI's wanting to change partners when they get out of their home country.

Times have changed world wide Mike, the PI's are catching up to the rest of the world, it's not a 3rd world country anymore.

I will also agree that many a young PI lady makes a good wife, but I can;t see a true commitment between a twenty year old GIRL and a sixty + man ever lasting too long in the mans home county. These were the scenario's I was pointing out, the PI girl has made up her mind she wants out of the country and see's the older man as her means to get out. Nothing to do with sex workers.

By the way, their are a lot of expats on here that have been with their partners/ wife's for years and some with big age gaps but a lot of them still live in their birth place.

So you see Mike every one looks at situations through a different set of eye's and that is how I see it. :thumbsup:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

nor cal mike
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

Good luck Mark I hope it all works out for you.I have 5 friends who have done the same thing in the UK.Some recently and some many years ago 4 are still together and 1 unfortunately has split.

From what I have been told by friends and read in the media I will not be taking my 2 back as I feel I can give them a much better life here than I could nowadays in the UK.

Interesting that you think life will be better for your children in the PI. I think the same for my boys. Sometimes when I mention this to my friends I get that “you gotta be kidding” response. Our schools are headed in a direction I’m not comfortable with. I have my son attend school when we are in the PI. and I’m satisfied with the level and quality of learning. I will be making the permanent move within the next year. Hopefully I’m making the right move, but if not, I of course will do what’s best for my boys even if that means returning to the US. I think even in that case I will always visit and consider the PI. my adopted home.

• Like 3