Mark Berkowitz

Repatriation:  Yes, you can go home again!

You get cute girls in their 20s flirting with you in the Philippines though. Say hello to them in the US and they'll probably call the police:biggrin:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

.......and dogs were happy to see me too. 

Hey Arizona Stud (no longer a kid),

But of course, they smell "apple" (stateside smell) and those pasalubong boxes packed with all the goodies....he, he.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I have always said that this place ain't for everyone.  I have heard expats bandy about 5 years being a milepost.  If you can make it 5 years, you will be ok.  I have no idea if that is true (and have no stats or any studies ha ha)... but I am hitting 6 years next week.  So far, so good.  :tiphat:  

• Like 10
  • Love it 1

Will the Philippines be my new home in the very near future , I have no idea , but we are hoping to be there for this coming November time for a few months doing the house up and seeing friends, the problem with that in my eyes it will be more of a holiday then living there forever sort of thing, but then again that may suit me better.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CoffeeRulzMe said:

Been living here 7 years now. Still like it. Sure, there's that 'out of stock' problem and black smog from trucks etc.  But, it's still, in my mind, better than living in the USA.  Much better, considering the SJW/culture war has heated up a lot in the past few years.

What may I ask is the “SJW/culture “?

31 minutes ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

Thanks for that. A new one for me, although I’m all to aware of of the condition you describe and quite frankly I too am tired of walking on eggshells. Seems as though whatever you do or say will offend someone. Everyone is looking for a “safe space”. After 75 years on this earth I can tell them that if such a place exists, I have not found it. 

• Like 1

Philippines sucks I left. Philippines is paradise I want to die here. Philippines in the middle. All part of a moving continuum. Gives the forum personality.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Bet it wont be long before you are saying negative things about your home country and will be wanting to return to the Philippines. Grass is always greener for awhile. 

I've been saying negative things about the USA for 2 years (and I'm still saying negative things about the USA)  but I never say those things on this forum, since political discussions are typically frowned upon.

If I left my home country (the USA) again, I would never return back to the Philippines... IMHO, there are much greener pastures elsewhere.

19 minutes ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

I've been saying negative things about the USA for 2 years (and I'm still saying negative things about the USA)  but I never say those things on this forum, since political discussions are typically frowned upon.

If I left my home country (the USA) again, I would never return back to the Philippines... IMHO, there are much greener pastures elsewhere.

While respecting your opinion I'm curious why you are a member here if you feel that way.:89:

• Like 3