Repatriation:  Yes, you can go home again!

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Old55 said:

While respecting your opinion I'm curious why you are a member here if you feel that way.:89:

I became a member here when I was new to the Philippines, and I had nothing negative to say about Expat life in the Phils.  This forum has helped me with many things such as how to get a 13a, getting a CRBA for my son, getting an Immigrant Visa for my wife, etc. I thought that it would be interesting and maybe helpful to post about my experiences in the USA.

At the age of 65, I don't plan on leaving the USA again, but if I ever did, I would move to Israel (where I would be welcomed in a much bigger way than I was ever welcomed in the Philippines).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

I became a member here when I was new to the Philippines, and I had nothing negative to say about Expat life in the Phils.  This forum has helped me with many things such as how to get a 13a, getting a CRBA for my son, getting an Immigrant Visa for my wife, etc. I thought that it would be interesting and maybe helpful to post about my experiences in the USA.

At the age of 65, I don't plan on leaving the USA again, but if I ever did, I would move to Israel (where I would be welcomed in a much bigger way than I was ever welcomed in the Philippines).

Thanks for the explanation I was curious. :cheersty:

For sure over the years we have a number of members who found Philippines was not a good fit for them. I'm about to retire. my wife and I don't have any desire to live there full time but love to visit.

• Like 5

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Hot women and cold beer. What more could anyone want or need?

• Like 5

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Mike J said:

When I hear expats here continually complaining about the Philippines I think of Pogo who said . . . .

image.jpeg

My thoughts exactly.I had a neighbour visit me last night he is from Germany.He said when he left there he had a tear in his eye as he will never go back.As far as I can conclude he has visited about 4 times before,now the Germans are noted for their efficiency but he just goes with the flow and does not kick up a fuss.At the end of the day they do things  differently here and you just have to do these things and grin.I now have a 13a so in reality I only have one annoyance per year.I know before I get to places that it is going to be a long process so I just go with the flow or pay somebody else to do it for me.

• Like 3

nor cal mike
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

I don`t see how you can do anything else,I suppose when asked about the place you could be neutral and say well I didn`t like it but that was me maybe it will be different for you.

I have been here nearly 8 years and still get WTF moments but I have learned that instead of getting angry you can ask the person serving you could I get some help with this as it`s important I do it now,that works sometimes.

I was at the BI with a bad foot and needed another photocopy,the lady could see i was in pain walking so she did the photocopy there and saved me walking about 1/2 a mile. My friend has just visited( he has been all over SE Asia) and said how friendly and helpful the people are.He had a puncture on a rented MB and total strangers fixed it for him and did not want to take payment. He was down by the Marine sanctuary and walked along the beach,well he got lost and the locals gave him and his GF a lift to the main road and again did not want to accept payment.

Yes there are a lot of things here to drive you crazy but for me the positive outweighs the negative.Learn to take deep breaths and chill life will then be much easier.

OH did I mention the cheap beer and cute women.

Thank goodness you finally got to the good part :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
42 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Hot women and cold beer. What more could anyone want or need?

Just make sure it`s not a cute beer and a cheap woman.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

CoffeeRulzMe
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

You get cute girls in their 20s flirting with you in the Philippines though. Say hello to them in the US and they'll probably call the police:biggrin:

So true!   Saying hello is 'thought rape' to some crazy types over there. 

• Like 2