Repatriation:  Yes, you can go home again!

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

No one likes posts like this but 

I do as they ate the hard truth which we all have to swallow sometimes

hk blues
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

@Mark Berkowitz

I am not sure Mark will like this but I must say it as it came from the mouth of a true Blue Filipina ( My HTMBO) we sat on the Terrace on Sunday Afternoon and this topic came up. So my wife said to me Yeah well, can you remember Alan ( a friend that did as mark wishes) Yep I said , so I hope, that your Friend ( Mark) realises that this could cost him in Money and Stress as it did Alan. Remind me I said, Well not too long after they moved to the UK, the wife Lilybeth ( Elizabeth) started to get request for help and subsistence from them now they had left, then came the illness thing, Hospital Bills and the rest of it. Not going to make this long as i think we all know how these things are looked on by the family. Not going to say it will but I all fairness I can't say it won't, we have members here that have had this and it causes rifts, Rifts? yes rifts because the Emotional culture of the Wifes family can bring about disaster, Arguments start, One particular member I recall had enough and said NO but the wife decided to send behind the husbands back. Bad but it happens ( we have a Sister in law that does it)

I just hope that Mark has added this sort of thing into  the mix because it happens,   "Blood being thicker than water" Springs to mind.

Negative ? Oh  no, thoughts conveyed here are brought from a very level  headed Wife who has sooo many friends in this situation. There was a Story only last week about a couple that came on Holiday from Canada with their 2 children, on the Flight over she announced she had had enough of Canada and the Fact that the family were overbearing on Demands so she was not going back but staying with the family that she missed so Much. Sorry Mark But.......................... did you consider this sort of thing just might happen? Cos it does

No one likes posts like this but :unsure:

Very true... As has been said many times before, we may think we've left our troubles behind but they soon catch up with us! 

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I have been in the PIs 6 years and am quite happy...but... if I had kids, I would take them to the US to raise them. The schools here are atrocious, and the job opportunities are worse.  A third world country is ok for my retirement but a hell of a place to raise a kid.  Good thing for me that will not be an issue (pun intended).  I cannot have any more kids, thank science. :tiphat: 

nor cal mike
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

I have been in the PIs 6 years and am quite happy...but... if I had kids, I would take them to the US to raise them. The schools here are atrocious, and the job opportunities are worse.  A third world country is ok for my retirement but a hell of a place to raise a kid.  Good thing for me that will not be an issue (pun intended).  I cannot have any more kids, thank science. :tiphat: 

30 minutes ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

Tim are you referring to public schools or both public and private?

softail
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, nor cal mike said:

Tim are you referring to public schools or both public and private?

I just want to say, this is the best thread I have read on this forum ever!!! 😋

• Like 2

nor cal mike
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, softail said:

I just want to say, this is the best thread I have read on this forum ever!!! 😋

It has certainly been informative for me as a move to PI. is imminent. I have children so their education is important.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, nor cal mike said:

It has certainly been informative for me as a move to PI. is imminent. I have children so their education is important.

Mike start a new thread on education you will get a lot more answers then.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Yes we are bitching at the moment about our niece needing 5k for her graduation from her private school.

• Like 2