No extension sticker

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)

I read in another thread that some people had done an extension and not been given a sticker just a receipt, just happened to me (and yes I was told to keep the receipt). I’m heading back to Oz again in a couple of weeks so I guess I’ll need to show the extension receipt when I leave so I don’t get fined for overstaying.

What I’m not clear about is when I come back again?

Maybe I need to keep it for next trip?  Maybe as long as I have this passport?

Any one had to go in or out with no sticker and just a receipt yet?

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Worst case you will get 30 days on entry.

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, GeoffH said:

I read in another thread that some people had done an extension and not been given a sticker just a receipt, just happened to me (and yes I was told to keep the receipt). I’m heading back to Oz again in a couple of weeks so I guess I’ll need to show the extension receipt when I leave so I don’t get fined for overstaying.

What I’m not clear about is when I come back again?

Maybe I need to keep it for next trip?  Maybe as long as I have this passport?

Any one had to go in or out with no sticker and just a receipt yet?

Hi Geoff, the same as you, I went for my first 2 months extension, they gave me a receipt stapled into my passport along with the previous 1 month receipt/visa ( new passport, last time had 3years of stickers.)

What bothers me, is your passport is a legal document, should they be using staples, also I have heard some countries refuse you entry if you have any rips or tears in your passport as 2 recent cases in Bali showed.

I suppose if you leave they will be only be using the receipt/visa the same as an exit visa, when you return you just start the process all over again and the I could be completely wrong on all counts.

MFIT P.I.

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)

They did not staple mine, good thing probably because I don’t think it would go into the e-passport scanner at Melbourne airport if they did.  I just have a loose receipt.  

One time I came into Manila the immigration officer wrote the wrong date (and I didn’t notice)  when I went out I got a LOT of questions and had to provide copies of plane tickets before they let me through.  

I’d rather avoid a similar experience coming back in again to not have to face issues due to questions about dates not matching.

Edited by GeoffH

RubberChicken
Posted
Posted

One thing I learned to do is make a copy of important receipts because the printing fades very fast here. It doesn't automatically solve a problem to make a copy but it can help. 

• Like 4

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, RubberChicken said:

One thing I learned to do is make a copy of important receipts because the printing fades very fast here. It doesn't automatically solve a problem to make a copy but it can help. 

I also do this and then send them in an email to myself so I can access again in the future.

• Like 1

Kent Thomas
Posted
Posted

I also just got a receipt and no sticker on a 6 month extension.  Good advice to take a picture of the receipt and email it to yourself.  Thanks for the tip

hk blues
Posted
Posted
On 2/9/2019 at 8:33 PM, RubberChicken said:

This is great advice - I have now taken to writing the balance on the ATM receipts for a bank account I only use once every 2 months or so as it fades so quickly!  

I add an extra zero as well to help! :tongue:

• Haha 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Kent Thomas said:

I also just got a receipt and no sticker on a 6 month extension.  Good advice to take a picture of the receipt and email it to yourself.  Thanks for the tip

There have been no stickers for months on any extension no matter what length.

Clermont
Posted
Posted

I'm only just back from six weeks over there, no stickers, no extension requirements, on nothing. :whatever: