Sign in to follow this  
Cool ICE-Philippines

New member near to Davao City

Hey, I found a wonderful wife from Davao-Del Sur, a small province called Tamugan, north from Calinan, about 30 minutes north. I find it very interesting, and am in the process of moving there soon. I do have a lot of friends their both in Davao City, Del Sur, and the provinces around Davao. I'm originally from Anchorage, Alaska, but I love the farmlands, the people, except the HEAT,,,, I still have frightened memories of the summer heat,,, but am going back to start a business their at Davao City, and am preparing with careful analysis of doing business in a foreign country. I happen to be a risk taker, and have tremendous business knowledge, but have carefully done a feasibility analysis on business potential and terms of the success,,,, as like any other business startup, I believe the business potential can be an unlimited potential. As far as a home is concerned, our plans is to build the home on the farm my father in law owns. Not a very big home, but one that's acceptable. he also is a contractor, so that's a big plus for me. My wife wants to rent a home their at the city while we wait for our home to be completed at the farm. At the same time we will be preparing the startup acquisitions for the business. We have had numerous opportunities about other potential business opportunities, but we know we need to be careful regarding startup costs, and long term investing. Its a challenge in regarding the future potentials, but its worth the effort in developing potentials that may help in financial matters later in time.

• Like 1

Welcome, pleased to have you join us.:tiphat:

Please read the forum rules. Your forum name choice seems to match a product or company. You also allude to a business at length in your first post. If you wish to discus or advertise a business please contact the forum administrator he can inform you how this can be done. Thanks for understanding.

Edited by Old55
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Cool ICE-Philippines said:

Hey, I found a wonderful wife from Davao-Del Sur, a small province called Tamugan, north from Calinan, about 30 minutes north. I find it very interesting, and am in the process of moving there soon. I do have a lot of friends their both in Davao City, Del Sur, and the provinces around Davao. I'm originally from Anchorage, Alaska, but I love the farmlands, the people, except the HEAT,,,, I still have frightened memories of the summer heat,,, but am going back to start a business their at Davao City, and am preparing with careful analysis of doing business in a foreign country. I happen to be a risk taker, and have tremendous business knowledge, but have carefully done a feasibility analysis on business potential and terms of the success,,,, as like any other business startup, I believe the business potential can be an unlimited potential. As far as a home is concerned, our plans is to build the home on the farm my father in law owns. Not a very big home, but one that's acceptable. he also is a contractor, so that's a big plus for me. My wife wants to rent a home their at the city while we wait for our home to be completed at the farm. At the same time we will be preparing the startup acquisitions for the business. We have had numerous opportunities about other potential business opportunities, but we know we need to be careful regarding startup costs, and long term investing. Its a challenge in regarding the future potentials, but its worth the effort in developing potentials that may help in financial matters later in time.

Can I have other advice on these issues?, thank you.

On 2/10/2019 at 5:37 AM, Cool ICE-Philippines said:

Ah, Tamugan - I have an American friend who built a small house on his mother in law's land up there. He says the place drives him mad, but at least he can drive down the road to Davao and escape whatever madness there is up there! Nice and cold too, well, probably a warm summer day in Alaska kind of level, but very nice. And my friend will be happy to have another foreigner up there to talk to!

All I can say regarding business is don't rush in too quick. Things don't happen very quickly here and the business culture is incredibly different. The nature of the people is also different. I've done some business here and a lot of mistakes were based on trying to use a Western approach to a country which is not Western. I don't know what type of thing you're trying to do, but my advice is that you spend a lot of time working out how things work (or don't work). I've looked at many opportunities, and there are a lot out there, but it took me a long time to even get an idea of how things work. I still don't know that much after 3 years, but always learning. 

Your best feasibility analysis will be done if you're out here - have you been out here before? 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Anselm said:

Ah, Tamugan - I have an American friend who built a small house on his mother in law's land up there. He says the place drives him mad, but at least he can drive down the road to Davao and escape whatever madness there is up there! Nice and cold too, well, probably a warm summer day in Alaska kind of level, but very nice. And my friend will be happy to have another foreigner up there to talk to!

All I can say regarding business is don't rush in too quick. Things don't happen very quickly here and the business culture is incredibly different. The nature of the people is also different. I've done some business here and a lot of mistakes were based on trying to use a Western approach to a country which is not Western. I don't know what type of thing you're trying to do, but my advice is that you spend a lot of time working out how things work (or don't work). I've looked at many opportunities, and there are a lot out there, but it took me a long time to even get an idea of how things work. I still don't know that much after 3 years, but always learning. 

Your best feasibility analysis will be done if you're out here - have you been out here before? 

That's tremendous knowledge, yes its hit there for sure, who is the gentleman there at Tamugan?, it's an organic liniment made from.herbal leaves and organic coconut pressed oil, already have marketed the product here in the US, what ever you do, get into herbal products there, I'll be preparing in developing the productions facility, have been here in the us saving up for the capitol funding,,, have a very close friend that has helped me in the potential plan,,, like a brother,,, and as you said it is and can be a challenge in Marketing potentials,,,  it we have plans on marketing the product there and here for the larger market share,,, as well as other forest laefed based products,,,pastes and dryed leaf paddings for arthitis pain and healing of cartlidges,,,, it's a big step from where I come from,,, but the forest amazes me, and am certainly doing something about the healingproperties of the organic forest leaves,,,, we now have 2 beautiful children and my wife certainly wants them to go to school there at Davao city,,, I will also be doin other business potentials,,, through careful planning,,, it's been a great experiance through seeing prosperity in other businesses,,, I never wanted a franchise business, only becoz of the residual complex,,, but I hope you find something that will or can be established in. Larger scale distributing,,, thanks for the update,,, shalom,,,,

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Cool ICE-Philippines said:

That's tremendous knowledge, yes its hit there for sure, who is the gentleman there at Tamugan?, it's an organic liniment made from.herbal leaves and organic coconut pressed oil, already have marketed the product here in the US, what ever you do, get into herbal products there, I'll be preparing in developing the productions facility, have been here in the us saving up for the capitol funding,,, have a very close friend that has helped me in the potential plan,,, like a brother,,, and as you said it is and can be a challenge in Marketing potentials,,,  it we have plans on marketing the product there and here for the larger market share,,, as well as other forest laefed based products,,,pastes and dryed leaf paddings for arthitis pain and healing of cartlidges,,,, it's a big step from where I come from,,, but the forest amazes me, and am certainly doing something about the healingproperties of the organic forest leaves,,,, we now have 2 beautiful children and my wife certainly wants them to go to school there at Davao city,,, I will also be doin other business potentials,,, through careful planning,,, it's been a great experiance through seeing prosperity in other businesses,,, I never wanted a franchise business, only becoz of the residual complex,,, but I hope you find something that will or can be established in. Larger scale distributing,,, thanks for the update,,, shalom,,,,

You will laugh about this but he also sells a herbal drink made from guyabano and mangosteen leaves, bark, and so on. From Oregon and in his 30s. Nice guy. Trying to write some books on the side as well.

I agree with you about that line of business, it is very profitable, I am also looking at agribusiness myself in the provinces and there are so many options in terms of this. The local market is developing a lot more and there's a lot of room to increase supply, that is for sure. Really very interesting. Given the cost of land and how it's increasing down here it's certainly much better than growing things.

I agree re:franchising, it's a boring option that limits you a lot. Brand holds a lot of appeal here though, even the small fruit stalls!

When are you thinking of arriving out here?

4 hours ago, Anselm said:

You will laugh about this but he also sells a herbal drink made from guyabano and mangosteen leaves, bark, and so on. From Oregon and in his 30s. Nice guy. Trying to write some books on the side as well.

I agree with you about that line of business, it is very profitable, I am also looking at agribusiness myself in the provinces and there are so many options in terms of this. The local market is developing a lot more and there's a lot of room to increase supply, that is for sure. Really very interesting. Given the cost of land and how it's increasing down here it's certainly much better than growing things.

I agree re:franchising, it's a boring option that limits you a lot. Brand holds a lot of appeal here though, even the small fruit stalls!

When are you thinking of arriving out here?

Were thinking this coming fall,,, perhaps before Christmas,,, were hoping that everything will take place as scheduled,,, I still need to send merchandise from here,,, knowing that limited American supplies are always lacking there, but SnR usually Carrie's American goods,,, a wholesale store near the burned NCcc building ,,, 

I'm doing something similar and not to far away from where you are ,I'll be basing my self at Alambre , a bit closer to Davao than yourself 

I'm starting a small pig farm 

3 hours ago, bastonjock said:

I'm starting a small pig farm 

So how small will they be?  :whistling:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

So how small will they be?  :whistling:

Would you belive they are Australian pigs ?

Would you like a new gf ?:thumbsup: