What is the Best rated Used SUV i can Purchase?

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

We have an Innova in Cagayan and an Avanza in Ozamiz.  I have to disagree with the room for ‘larger’ drivers comment above.

I’m (to be blunt) fat these days and the width of the Innova makes it much easier to get comfortable in than the Avanza.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, GeoffH said:

We have an Innova in Cagayan and an Avanza in Ozamiz.  I have to disagree with the room for ‘larger’ drivers comment above.

I’m (to be blunt) fat these days and the width of the Innova makes it much easier to get comfortable in than the Avanza.

I never tried the older Innovas but the new ones at the dealer are way to small for me.  A combination of long legs and thick thighs just doesn't work.  I'm 6' 2".  I'm sure they are fine for most people.

• Like 1

Cool ICE-Philippines
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Happyhorn52 said:

I purchased a used 2008 Toyota Fortuner (2.7 gas) with 80,000 km when I first got here for 680,000p. I bought if from someone I trusted who had just bought a new 2017 fortuner. The original owner owns a couple of Caltex gas Stations and made sure that all the needed maintenance was done. I would have preferred to get the Diesel Fortuner because Diesel Fuel is cheaper in the Philippines but I'm real happy with my purchase and have put 20,000 km on the car with no maintenance issues. I think the original purchase price was around 1,300,000p, so the original owner drove it 10 years and got half his money back at the time of resale. 

That's a nug plus forme knowing over the years that vehicles depriatiate very quickly, before you even know it they are less worth in a very short time,  vehicles with less kilometers and a good engine are a great choice for me,,, I believe it helps save money and changing of parts helps maintaining a longer lasting vehicle, new vehicles are ok, if you have a good income, I do, but savings is a choice for me, all vehicles will go through a mechanical issue one time or another, by the way whats the parts that usually needs repairing in those models, besides brakes and changing of oil?,,,, 

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Cool ICE-Philippines said:

That's a nug plus forme knowing over the years that vehicles depriatiate very quickly, before you even know it they are less worth in a very short time,  vehicles with less kilometers and a good engine are a great choice for me,,, I believe it helps save money and changing of parts helps maintaining a longer lasting vehicle, new vehicles are ok, if you have a good income, I do, but savings is a choice for me, all vehicles will go through a mechanical issue one time or another, by the way whats the parts that usually needs repairing in those models, besides brakes and changing of oil?,,,, 

The original transition from WWII jeeps to jeepney was based on that idea of abundance of leftover jeeps and parts that can be cannibalized quickly.  And also the term jerry rigging with Filipino ingenuity, often times violating safety protocols and common sense.  But it works.....go figure.  

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jake said:

And also the term jerry rigging with Filipino ingenuity, often times violating safety protocols and common sense.

I am reminded of being a passenger where my bro-in-law was driving an owner jeepney at night.  After I nearly gave myself hemorrhoids pushing the jeep to get started, due to non working starter motor, we set off down the road.  I was rocking back and forth in the passenger seat that was not bolted down when suddenly the headlights went out.  He was able to stop and feel around under the dash until he found the two wires and twisted them back together.  Turns out there was no light switch, after all who needs a light switch when you can just twist the wires together? :hystery:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

RBM
Posted
Posted

Apart from bringing a lot of money  also bring a lot of patience. Buying  a used car vehicle here is like pulling teeth.  We spent around 6 months just to buy a small car for the SO. Hours spent on OLX with 90% of people never replying, after we would text for details. Even with rush sale advertised.  Dealers we found were full of freelance people selling on behalf.

In short it was a nightmare, finally bought via FB and hope not to go down this road again.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 2/10/2019 at 10:38 AM, Cool ICE-Philippines said:

I understand, thank you, the Innova was a choice for me as I was browsing through different sites,,, "onmyway", thanks for the heads up,,, innova may seem to be the choice,,, is it best to look Into a vehicle dealer maintained vehicles and what isn't that I'm looking for in that catagory,, documents showing their maintenance on the vehicles?, receipts?,,,

One more Toyota to take a look at is the Rush.  MPV style, a bit larger than the Avanza, with the same 1.5 engine.  They have only been around for a year or so.

• Like 1

Cool ICE-Philippines
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, OnMyWay said:

One more Toyota to take a look at is the Rush.  MPV style, a bit larger than the Avanza, with the same 1.5 engine.  They have only been around for a year or so.

Yes I hzave seen those ones,,, I'll definatly look Into those as well,,,thanks again,,,

Viking
Posted
Posted
On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 10:55 PM, Old55 said:

Best way to buy a new or used car or truck is a common question and a difficult one to answer. You would know what best meets your needs, a midsize SUV would be a good choice. New cars are very expensive in Philippines but with luck you may find a newer used one at a fair price.

I guess that depends on what place you come from?

New cars are about same price, or even cheaper, than in Sweden. Used cars is what I feel is expensive in Philippines!!!

• Like 3

graham59
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Viking said:

I guess that depends on what place you come from?

New cars are about same price, or even cheaper, than in Sweden. Used cars is what I feel is expensive in Philippines!!!

Agree about the second hand prices here.

Shocking , for some of the heaps of junk on offer... but that's the (government-restricted) market here, so nothing you can do about it.... except keep your money in your pocket.  

• Like 1