2 Motorcycle questions

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 2/27/2019 at 4:55 PM, Gary D said:

The Philippines is the land of the difficult. You won't be able to import a vehicle economically.

I thought he was talking about changing from one province to another province (say from capital zone to mindano) and not 'importing'?

Edited by GeoffH

Gary D
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

I thought he was talking about changing from one province to another province (say from capital zone to mindano) and not 'importing'?

If so I'm told it's slow and difficult but not impossible.

I read it that Barney has the XR200 in the UK and was considering importing, "ideal for the Philippines". The bike may be too old and the import duty could be 100% of the new price.

• Like 1

Barney
Posted
Posted

I was talking about moving from Pampanga to Leyte, if it is a hassle I may just sell it here and buy another one aftewr moving.

Anselm
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Barney said:

I was talking about moving from Pampanga to Leyte, if it is a hassle I may just sell it here and buy another one aftewr moving.

Easy enough to register, you just pay a "change of venue" fee which is about 100 pesos I think maybe less, only issue will come if you want to sell it as the buyer will have to do the police check and stenciling of chassis number in the place it was first registered.

• Like 2

JimBrooks
Posted
Posted
On 2/27/2019 at 1:58 PM, GeoffH said:

I was

JimBrooks
Posted
Posted
On 2/28/2019 at 1:04 PM, Anselm said:

Easy enough to register, you just pay a "change of venue" fee which is about 100 pesos I think maybe less, only issue will come if you want to sell it as the buyer will have to do the police check and stenciling of chassis number in the place it was first registered.

I talked to a local friend, he said Its easy to change the provincial registration 

He will do it for me if i want and it costs hardly anything

Anselm
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, JimBrooks said:

I talked to a local friend, he said Its easy to change the provincial registration 

He will do it for me if i want and it costs hardly anything

Yes easy so long as you want it to stay in your name, you (or the buyer rather) will only encounter problems if you sell it

• Like 1

JimBrooks
Posted
Posted
On 3/2/2019 at 10:56 PM, Anselm said:

Yes easy so long as you want it to stay in your name, you (or the buyer rather) will only encounter problems if you sell it

I didn't buy it to sell it

I'll use it for a few years and probably give it away when I'm moving on to something else

These little scooters are so cheap it's not worth worrying about the "resale value" or "depreciation" etc

bob1965
Posted
Posted
On 2/23/2019 at 7:33 PM, JimBrooks said:

Bought one anyway, I'll worry about reselling it later if necessary

Anyone recommend an insurance company or agent so it doesn't get stolen while it's still new and shiny? 

What did you end up Buying?

JimBrooks
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bob1965 said:

What did you end up Buying?

Yahama mio aerox S 155c 

Good little scoot for the city

Still shopping for a big bike for long trips

Thinking about a BMW s1000r, yamaha mt-10 and the kawasaki z1000 is the cheapest option :) 

Edited by JimBrooks