2 Motorcycle questions

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, JimBrooks said:

Yahama mio aerox S 155c 

Good little scoot for the city

Still shopping for a big bike for long trips

Thinking about a BMW s1000r, yamaha mt-10 and the kawasaki z1000 is the cheapest option :) 

IMHO look for big bike groups in Manila. I've read about them in the newspapers and they seem to welcome foreigners. They plan long ride trips. Might be better and safer than going it alone.:smile:

• Like 2

bob1965
Posted
Posted

How was the buying experience? Bought it in your name on a foreign licence? Plates? If you do end up selling it in Manila, post it on here. It does look like a nice bike, someone might be interested. 

Ram1957
Posted
Posted

Hopefully you won't have any problems getting the OR/CR for it. Last bike I bought took 6 months for the OR/CR. Get caught without it and its a P10000 fine for you and a P100000 for the dealer who sold you the bike. 

JimBrooks
Posted
Posted

Already got the or because paid in cash they say the cr will be ready in ~ 45 days and they will send sms when it arrives (fingers crossed) 

JimBrooks
Posted
Posted
On 3/6/2019 at 11:42 AM, bob1965 said:

How was the buying experience? Bought it in your name on a foreign licence? Plates? If you do end up selling it in Manila, post it on here. It does look like a nice bike, someone might be interested. 

Buying it was easy, took half an hour for the mechanics to get it ready to go

They didn't even ask me for id,just bringing the cash was enough

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
JimBrooks
Posted
Posted

What is the procedure for payment for a MMDA/Police shakedown and roadside fine for a traffic violation? 

Is it better to pay the guy at the side of the road and get it over ASAP or go to the station and get an official receipt for a (probably higher) fine? 

So far they haven't stopped me but I was talking to a guy who said he was fined 20k once and 10k the next time for trumped up charges but they said they can impound the vehicle, confiscate your licence, make you do a 3 day driving course at the lto and then at the end of all that you have to pay the fine anyway lol

(apparently they do not have the power to confiscate licences unless there is an accident :

http://www.mmda.gov.ph/48-news/news-2018/2834-march-27-2018-mmda-be-wary-of-fake-traffic-enforcers.html

i am bob
Posted
Posted
On 3/18/2019 at 1:32 AM, JimBrooks said:

What is the procedure for payment for a MMDA/Police shakedown and roadside fine for a traffic violation? 

Is it better to pay the guy at the side of the road and get it over ASAP or go to the station and get an official receipt for a (probably higher) fine? 

So far they haven't stopped me but I was talking to a guy who said he was fined 20k once and 10k the next time for trumped up charges but they said they can impound the vehicle, confiscate your licence, make you do a 3 day driving course at the lto and then at the end of all that you have to pay the fine anyway lol

(apparently they do not have the power to confiscate licences unless there is an accident :

http://www.mmda.gov.ph/48-news/news-2018/2834-march-27-2018-mmda-be-wary-of-fake-traffic-enforcers.html

I don't know about Manila but you won't have that problem here in Davao ..  between the President (when he was mayor here) and his daughter (the current mayor), any cops try that and they're out of a job...  And probably heading to jail...  The complex I live in has 3 cops living here and for them to even think about something like that..?  Now, once you leave Davao City, I can't guarantee it will be the same...  

• Like 2

JimBrooks
Posted
Posted
On 3/7/2019 at 3:43 PM, Ram1957 said:

Hopefully you won't have any problems getting the OR/CR for it. Last bike I bought took 6 months for the OR/CR. Get caught without it and its a P10000 fine for you and a P100000 for the dealer who sold you the bike. 

Shop called This morning

Cr is already  there to pickup 

All in all, good service from yamaha 

• Like 1