Hi all,

The Asawa and I are looking to live in Manila for some time later in the year. I'll likely have to fly in as a tourist and apply for 13a once we're there.

I run a small IT consulting company in Australia and can (and regularly do whilst on holiday) work remotely. I understand that I'm unable to work in The Philippines on a tourist visa but the information seems somewhat vague on whether or not I can continue to work for the Australian company whilst I'm located in TP.

We've also been told to be wary of questions regarding company ownership in the 13a interview process. Should I be worried about this?

Thanks

5 hours ago, Jimmy 383 said:

Hi all,

The Asawa and I are looking to live in Manila for some time later in the year. I'll likely have to fly in as a tourist and apply for 13a once we're there.

I run a small IT consulting company in Australia and can (and regularly do whilst on holiday) work remotely. I understand that I'm unable to work in The Philippines on a tourist visa but the information seems somewhat vague on whether or not I can continue to work for the Australian company whilst I'm located in TP.

We've also been told to be wary of questions regarding company ownership in the 13a interview process. Should I be worried about this?

Thanks

I appreciate your situation as mine is similar (I write for financial press), and I keep doing so if I am in the Ph for an extended period. Best answer I have seen here is "keep it to yourself."

6 hours ago, Jimmy 383 said:

Thanks

I have a basic rule I always follow - don't lie or omit the truth when completing government documents here.  99.9% of the time you'll get away with it but I don't want to lie awake at night worrying if I'm going to become the 0.1% that doesn't. 

• Like 1

:shock_40_anim_gif: I have a philosophy when it comes to the Bureaucracy of Government things here If in doubt, Don't  :no:

• Like 1