Power

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Are the plugs the same for the outlets from different countries. I know my Aussie stuff need adaptors but voltage is not an issue.

The voltage might not be an issue but the frequency could well be. Here in phils the frequency is 60hz, 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Huggybearman said:

The voltage might not be an issue but the frequency could well be. Here in phils the frequency is 60hz, 

Most things from Aus are 50- 60hz. 

Happyhorn52
Posted
Posted (edited)

I purchased three of these for my US made major appliances. Panther PVR 1000 for the Electrolux Washer and Dryer. The dryer was actually 110 for the digital controls and 220 for the dryer part. They had to split the original 4 prong plug and step down the 110 portion to get it to work. Two Panther PVR 500's for the Television and computer and stereo equipment.  I have been using them for two years and they work well. 

https://www.panther.ph/products/automatic-voltage-regulator/avr-relay-type/

Edited by Happyhorn52

Roadhawg
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, JDDavao said:

There were some things we couldn't leave behind in good conscience. A Kitchenaid mixer with all of the fixin's was one. Another Kitchenaid food processor. We even brought an almost-new coffee grinder because I couldn't bear to chuck it.

What we find, though, is that since we shipped our televisions and other things and use step-downs for them, we often have to hunt up a transformer when we want to use an appliance. It's okay for us, but woe unto him who wants to grind some coffee without our input! BAM!

I think it was someone here who gave a sage piece of advice about bringing appliances from different voltage countries: a quick wrap of red electrical tape around the plug or the wire near the plug will serve as an easy reminder not to plug the appliance in directly.

Enjoy!

Good advise, I plan on using a strip for all kitchen applicances

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Are the plugs the same for the outlets from different countries. I know my Aussie stuff need adaptors but voltage is not an issue.

No, they aren't. Just to make life interesting, everything is different everywhere!

Here's a great list (if you click on the plug type, you get to see the Plugs Of The World!): https://www.worldstandards.eu/electricity/plug-voltage-by-country/

Edited by JDDavao
spelling

hk blues
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Roadhawg said:

Good advise, I plan on using a strip for all kitchen applicances

Some of those kitchen appliances can be "heavy" so make sure the strip can handle all of them, or at least all of them that are likely to be used at the same time.  Talking from personal experience! 

• Thanks 1