Manila Airport

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 10:02 PM, Jake said:

It may have been discussed before but what is the age to be considered a "senior"?   Additionally, what document is widely accepted to show proof of age?  If you don't have any local documents, can you use a foreign passport?  

A large number of countries consider 60 years as senior.  Most establishments don't demand proof of age.  The example is national museums where seniors are free.  I always ask for the senior discount offered by many movie theaters.  The assumption is you are being honest when making the claim. 

The Philippines does require possession of a senior discount identity card to avail to lower priced prescription drugs, restaurant discounts and even free movies.  Issued by the municipality where you reside, I was told Makati is the most strict.  The reason is once a year the Makati government will give you a cash gift.  I don't recall the amount, but it is at least two thousand pesos.  You go to city hall to get your gift money.

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 3:08 PM, Onemore52 said:

nothing unusual about that except for the fact that it has a senior lane for immigration and the again for the scanner, bloody brilliant, I was through in 3 minutes while all the other queues were very long.

The taxi stand at the international arrival area in Manila has a separate queue for senior citizens.