A little clean up makes a big difference

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

Guy's n Gal's

On my last trip to P.I. a short stay in Dumaguete found us at the same hotel as last trip there.handy for shops, eateries and the promenade,

The hotel it's self offered us the same family room as last trip, which was spotless with two large kingsize beds and en suite.

There is a short walk for breakfast with a choice of places to eat,  however those 100 yards/ metres, saw the pavements covered in grime/ dirt.

Surely with very little effort the shopkeepers, before opening for business, could wash down the pavement outside their premises,after all what's 5/10 minutes to make everywhere smell fresh and clean.

Go to any of the provinces and you will see people brush the dirt tracks outside their homes

No offence intended to my forum friends that frequent Dumaguete, but  it would make a huge difference and would be good for business,

just a thought, morning all.........JB :tiphat:

Edited by Kuya John
paragraphing
  • Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I was just saying the same thing today.  We had our pre-Valentines lunch at a newer Thai place we had not tried yet.  It used to be the most high end resto In Subic but that place moved, and the Thai place replaced it.

Walking in the front door, I noticed that there was dirt all over the front porch area.  I noticed a feeble attempt at sweeping in the area, but this was thick dirt, a lot of it maybe coming from 2 huge flower pots at the sides of the door.  It really gave the place a bad first impression.  The building, once a bright white, was also dingy with dirt and needed washing.

The Pad Thai was crap and we won't be going back.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Kuya John said:

Guy's n Gal's

On my last trip to P.I. a short stay in Dumaguete found us at the same hotel as last trip there.handy for shops, eateries and the promenade,

The hotel it's self offered us the same family room as last trip, which was spotless with two large kingsize beds and en suite.

There is a short walk for breakfast with a choice of places to eat,  however those 100 yards/ metres, saw the pavements covered in grime/ dirt.

Surely with very little effort the shopkeepers, before opening for business, could wash down the pavement outside their premises,after all what's 5/10 minutes to make everywhere smell fresh and clean.

Go to any of the provinces and you will see people brush the dirt tracks outside their homes

No offence intended to my forum friends that frequent Dumaguete, but  it would make a huge difference and would be good for business,

just a thought, morning all.........JB :tiphat:

Hi John, Hope you and the family are doing well mate.

I have to agree with you on this one, I went over to Dipolog (Mindanao) a couple of weeks back, just for a looksie.  Was surprised at how clean it was, no litter and debris laying around.  As much as I like Dumaguete not many people could praise its cleanliness I feel. Compared to Dipolog, Dumaguete is downright dirty I am saddened to say. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

The Pad Thai was crap and we won't be going back.

Just thai again and again.