Less you forget

Jake
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, bastonjock said:

I thought I'd remind some of you what you are missing back "home "

So what kind of day have you guys had ?

I don't know if I could handle putting out fires within a 50 plus mile radius -- I would go psycho if I was stuck in traffic multiple times a day.  I also understand that your trouble calls include visiting hospitals as well as residential.   

On the up side, I assume the benefits include being "exposed" to all those nurses (many Filipinas).  And of course, the lovely wife greeting your trouble call in her negligee?  

• Like 2

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
43 minutes ago, Jake said:

I don't know if I could handle putting out fires within a 50 plus mile radius -- I would go psycho if I was stuck in traffic multiple times a day.  I also understand that your trouble calls include visiting hospitals as well as residential.   

On the up side, I assume the benefits include being "exposed" to all those nurses (many Filipinas).  And of course, the lovely wife greeting your trouble call in her negligee?  

I cover Northamptonshire , Bedfordshire  , I go down as far as Luton from Peterborough, they also used to send me to Suffolk and Norfolk 

This morning traffic was bad , a truck broke down at the black cat roundabout on.the A1 , I spent 16 years working in London, I roughly calculated and that was 20 years ago , I calculated that I had lost 450 days of my life stuck in traffic , it's quite sobering when you do that 

I've had all the hassle of management,I've been the BMS engineer at a very high profile bank in London, I moved to Peterborough for a more rural life 

Anyhow this morning is much more enjoyable,there was only a light frost to scrape of , the sun is shining and it was a beautiful morning driving acro§s country from the A1 , one of those sunny misty mornings that can make life feel good

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Gary D said:

Your talking about the Philippines yes.

You really are special aren`t you.

Guy F.
Posted
Posted (edited)

Mostly worked on perfecting my hanging-out technique. Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast. The wife works today so we celebrated Valentine's Day (VD!) early (yesterday). Drove 45 miles to the town in which we lived until 4 months ago to watch the University of Wyoming Cowgirl basketball team win their 6th game in a row. 

Looking forward to our Philippines trip in 2 weeks!

Edited by Guy F.
  • Like 3

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

Best part for me living here is that I get up when I wake up. Ever tried to buy an alarm clock in the Phills? I can do whatever I feel like. Don't have to report to anybody except maybe the GF.:tongue:. Where I used to work as a service manager I had calls every half hour or so looking for me to solve the problems that my workers could have solved themselves, but were too lazy.:smile:

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Ever tried to buy an alarm clock in the Phills?

Most people these days set their phones :thumbsup:

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Most people these days set their phones :thumbsup:

You found one whose battery isn't almost dead. :thumbsup:

• Like 1