Challenging move ahead

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Gary D said:

The landing card asks for an address in the Philippines, you must be staying somewhere after you land so you can that this address. If you are just going to turn up then look for a hotel I would seriously suggest you book a hotel online at least for the first night before you arrive.

Yes, I would book a hotel unless you know exactly where you`re going. If you have been here recently I would just put down the name of the last Hotel you stayed at, as you have not been here in a long time I am guessing that you are unfamiliar with whichever area you are going to.

Edited by sonjack2847

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

If you have been here recently I would just put down the name of the last Hotel you stayed at, as you have not been here in a long time I am guessing that you are unfamiliar with whichever area you are going to.

Yes, that's what I was thinking I'd do, or just take a quick look online and select a hotel and use that - do they every actually check such details?  I doubt it.  

Ninpo2dan
Posted
Posted

Yeah, I have a hotel I'll be staying for the first couple nights. I have a friend there looking for better long-term housing.

• Hmm thinking 1

• 4 weeks later...
Ninpo2dan
Posted
Posted

As an update, I have a few more questions that I'd like to get answered. For anyone that was reading this topic from the beginning, please disregard previous questions as all of it is being worked out.

Right now, my plan is to arrive May 4 in Manila. I'll be booking a hotel near a friend's house for the 4th and 5th, and she is helping me get an apartment arranged. I will have the apartment before I arrive, but it will take a few days to go buy some furniture and appliances and have the apartment "ready for move-in".

I will be sticking with the tourist visa for a while, doing the renewals until I'm on the 6-month extensions. After 60 days I'll be getting my ACR and opening a local account, probably with BPI. I have confirmed all of the expenses, and made sure my budget allows for a safety bracket. No worries about income or savings at this time.

My question is regarding the exit ticket requirement. From what I'm reading, my "throw away" exit ticket can be to anywhere. What I am confused about is the departure ticket date. If I plan to keep renewing every 6 months for another year or so, do I just keep buying a new throw-away ticket every 6 months to coincide with my visa extensions?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Ninpo2dan said:

If I plan to keep renewing every 6 months for another year or so, do I just keep buying a new throw-away ticket every 6 months to coincide with my visa extensions?

If you leave, you will need a new ticket, if you stay the throw away can be for anytime that has never been a problem in the past but if you choose to stay on the 9a (Tourist) you must have a new throw away each time you leave and come back

• Like 2

Ninpo2dan
Posted
Posted

The only time I plan to leave is when the VA finally requires me to return for my next C&P evals. That could be another year or two. Other than that, I don't have plans to leave. I might also end up getting married in the next year or so.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Ninpo2dan said:

. I might also end up getting married in the next year or so.

then you next move should be to 13a ( non immigrant visa by marriage) remember that you only have 36 months ( 3 years) on a 9a then you have to leave and start all over again

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a little
  • Like 1

Ninpo2dan
Posted
Posted

So for now, I just buy a one-way ticket from US to Manila, and then a "throw away" ticket to the cheapest place possible, dated more than 6 months from my arrival? I'm guessing at least 9 months from arrival. Then I keep buying a new 6-month throw away each time I renew the tourist visa?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Ninpo2dan said:

So for now, I just buy a one-way ticket from US to Manila, and then a "throw away" ticket to the cheapest place possible, dated more than 6 months from my arrival? I'm guessing at least 9 months from arrival. Then I keep buying a new 6-month throw away each time I renew the tourist visa?

In essence yes but you have no need at this time to get a new throwaway until you actually leave and then come back

• Like 2

Ninpo2dan
Posted
Posted

So when I keep doing the 6-month extensions, they aren't going to ask to see another exit ticket? My first exit ticket will have expired when I do the next 6-month extension.