Challenging move ahead

Hobbit112
Posted
Posted
On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 7:38 AM, earthdome said:

You only need the throwaway ticket to board the flight to the Philippines and they might check at immigration on arrival. You don't need a throw away for renewing your tourist visa.

My experience in January was that I had a throwaway ticket dated before the first 29 day entry stamp would be up.  I was asked for it at the check-in counter.  Mine was from Manila to Kota Kinabalu for $26.  I used the Skyscanner website to find it as their website (not their phone app) shows lowest fares on a monthly basis.  Check daily as prices and promos can and do change daily. 

Once here on a Tourist Visa an ongoing ticket is not needed for renewal.

Beware of the rented ongoing ticket!  There have been horror stories of people renting a ticket and then finding out at check-in that it has already been cancelled and are required to purchase a new, expensive ticket at that time!

Good luck and welcome to the Philippines!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Hobbit112 said:

Once here on a Tourist Visa an ongoing ticket is not needed for renewal.

Those on Tourist visa need to keep and eye on this as the new and ever seeking Presidential pats on the back BI Commissioner has mooted that this may change, In Reality, the law states that an onward Ticket should be held by those here as a Tourist, Yes! I know we can Stay for 3 years But that does not change the law. :wink:

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I have read somewhere (FB I think) that one BI office is asking for a map of where your residential house,apartment is. I cannot remember which office it was but it was not here in Dumaguete. 

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
On 3/14/2019 at 7:38 AM, earthdome said:

You only need the throwaway ticket to board the flight to the Philippines and they might check at immigration on arrival. You don't need a throw away for renewing your tourist visa.

Unless the laws have changed you can extend your tourist visa at an accredited travel agency instead of having to go to a BI office. There used to be a list on the BI website where you can do this. Small fee but better than getting stuck in traffic.:tongue:

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Unless the laws have changed you can extend your tourist visa at an accredited travel agency instead of having to go to a BI office

All they do is go to the BI on your behalf.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Unless the laws have changed you can extend your tourist visa at an accredited travel agency instead of having to go to a BI office. There used to be a list on the BI website where you can do this. Small fee but better than getting stuck in traffic.:tongue:

Most agencies will do But........... late!  and betterer make sure they are accredited cos it is money up Front and too late if they are not accredited cos they have done a runner  

42 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

All they do is go to the BI on your behalf.

and at a cost to you sometimes well above the Norm for extending

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Most agencies will do But........... late!  and betterer make sure they are accredited cos it is money up Front and too late if they are not accredited cos they have done a runner  

and at a cost to you sometimes well above the Norm for extending

I pay P1500. Saves me the hassle. Passport picked up and delivered back.

• Like 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, Jollygoodfellow said:

I pay P1500. Saves me the hassle. Passport picked up and delivered back.

what can I sayWho knows (dave (1).jpg Thought you were Broke and having a hard time this month:hystery::morning1:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Thought you were Broke and having a hard time this month:hystery::morning1:

I extend every 2 months. I would rather pay someone than deal with the BI office. Theres a new travel agent opened on the ground floor where I live so might ask if they are any cheaper. 

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

• 4 weeks later...
liberty9133
Posted
Posted
On 3/13/2019 at 4:17 AM, Snowy79 said:

You can rent a throw away ticket. Just google for renting. I paid $12. The only time an exit ticket will be looked for is when boarding a plane coming to the Philippines. You'll never be asked to show one by anf government department once here. On extensions all they look for is your passport and money. 

website down. no longer available?