Getting to know everyone

Lordtariq83
Posted
Posted

Hello I have been posting here for about a month and I see you all are a pretty close tight knit group of guys. So I would like to apologize for not getting to know each of you a little bit better and I would also like to let everybody know a little bit more about myself. My name is Tariq Campbell I'm 35 years old and I live in New Haven Connecticut as I stated next year I'm planning on moving to the Philippines I want to go for between 6 months to 1 year but I would like to move to eventually be permanent. I'm working as a welder now but I'm taking classes for computer programming it's always been a dream of mine to learn computer languages into work in that field. I have a teenage daughter she's almost 15 years old but I doubt she's going to be coming with me basically I'm a single guy starting fresh in a new country next year.

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Lordtariq83 said:

Hello I have been posting here for about a month and I see you all are a pretty close tight knit group of guys. So I would like to apologize for not getting to know each of you a little bit better and I would also like to let everybody know a little bit more about myself.

Hello Lord Tariq,

So you want to start out fresh in a new country?  Well, prepare yourself to get de-virginized all over again.   You'll be lookin' for love in all the right places, except maybe this one.....he, he.

Miss Olongapo.jpg

Anyway sir, you have a lot of homework to study.  Look at the upper right corner is where you start your search for any topic.

Welcome aboard!  

• Like 1
  • Love it 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Lordtariq83 said:

it's always been a dream of mine to learn computer languages into work in that field.

I found while I was an active computer programmer that contributing to open source projects helps to build your resume. Best to find something you are interested in related to online hosting of applications on websites or mobile apps. I don't have a college degree and am mostly self taught as a computer programmer. But my involvement over the course of a few years in some higher profile open source projects led to me being recruited heavily by Goldman Sachs. They didn't care if I had a degree but knew my skills from the work I had done on open source projects they needed inhouse expertise on. After 6 months and 3 phone interviews they flew me to NYC first class for an in person day long interview. 3 days in NYC all expense paid. They ended up offering me a position with starting salary over 6 figures but when I took into account the cost of living, work hours and stress I decided to stay where I was and declined their offer.

I know many people who have had successful careers as computer programmers, system admins, etc. for internet related companies who do not have college degrees. And now it is even easier to work remotely as a contractor if you have the skills.

Good luck and have fun following your work related passion.

One final thought. At one point I contacted a number of companies in the Philippines, some owned by foreigners, who did website development and programming outsourced from the US. Six years ago when I looked into this a skilled website application programmer who worked full time for a client made approximately $1000 USD per month for one of these companies. For the Philippines that is pretty good money.

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

nor cal mike
Posted
Posted

Hello Tariq and welcome to the forum. I hope you find the forum informative and that you will add your 2 cents to our discussions.

• Thanks 1

nor cal mike
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jake said:

Hello Lord Tariq,

So you want to start out fresh in a new country?  Well, prepare yourself to get de-virginized all over again.   You'll be lookin' for love in all the right places, except maybe this one.....he, he.

Miss Olongapo.jpg

Anyway sir, you have a lot of homework to study.  Look at the upper right corner is where you start your search for any topic.

Welcome aboard!  

My goodness Jake, you’re at it again. Is this your sparring partner? :)

• Haha 1

fototek1
Posted
Posted

Hey, who isnt interested in this?

image.png

• Haha 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jake said:

Miss Olongapo.jpg

Good disguise Jake but even with a fake mustache everyone will know it is you.

• Haha 2