How Do You Intend To Provide For Your Wife Or Gf When Your Gone?

Tatoosh
Posted
Posted

I want to apologize, I think I was having my . The thread contains a lot of good info and it is a very worthwhile to talk about ideas and get feed back on your plans for the future after you are gone. I have some concern about many of the wives ability to run a business well. Though I'm no great shakes at it myself. And there are a lot of very successful woman business owners here. The parts shop I get spares for my old Pajero is woman owned, as is one of the local complexes where the expats water and a number of restaurants co-exist. Three sisters have that one. But other families I know here have pretty much zero understanding of business planning, setting money aside for replacement or maintenance, and so forth. It is buy it, sell it, make a little profit and let their kids rob the sari sari store of all the coke and candy they want. Long term planning seems to be hard for them to grasp. I sometimes wonder if it tied to the Asian fatalist or karma theory that runs though so many religions and cultures here. Worry about today and tomorrow will be its own reward is sort of the motto, I think.

• Like 1