The Americanization/Westernization of ang Asawa

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, Jake said:

Speaking of super size meals, Mark should take his wife to WalFart.  Where double-triple wide WalFart Babes, (including the employees) can be seen eating while they shop......he, he.  

Jake, we just got back from shopping there... hahahaAD589619-73BC-4E92-801F-D69D5169A8BC.jpegA82A22AC-8961-422A-9D62-6C1A9C1BA239.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Guy F. said:

Ambien is the cure for jet lag. A few nights of it will help greatly with the adjustment to the time difference.

You had best start eating at places where she can get rice with the meal if you want her to be happy. Start working on getting her to eat brown rice. It took more than a few years for my sweetie to accept brown rice.

I used to be prescribed Ambien. I wouldn't recommend it to anybody to be honest. Bad stuff.

But "get her rice" is good advice! When my wife came she had a hard time dealing without it when we'd travel, etc. (We always have rice at home).

Edited by Reboot
  • Like 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 2/18/2019 at 4:18 PM, Reboot said:

I used to be prescribed Ambien. I wouldn't recommend it to anybody to be honest. Bad stuff.

But "get her rice" is good advice! When my wife came she had a hard time dealing without it when we'd travel, etc. (We always have rice at home).

I'm sure it isn't for everyone, but ambien is what works best for me. A few people reportedly have  weird side effects like sleepwalking, so exercise caution. I tried some at home before I risked taking it on an airplane or in another unfamiliar environment. For me each 5mg  ambien pill is a guaranteed 3 hours of sleep with no aftereffects. Melatonin, ibuprofen PM and acetaminophen PM all leave me a bit woozy for up to 12 hours.

Downs and painkillers have never appealed to me for recreational use. I have exceptional strength of will; I've quit drugs like cocaine and nicotine without assistance unless you are counting nicotine gum. Your mileage may vary.

Edited by Guy F.
YMMV
  • Like 1

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted

Personally, I have very negative thoughts about all drugs, both legal and illegal. I am saying this after having survived a 50 year long personal battle with everything imaginable. The only thing that saved me was the love of a very good woman (my wife) in the Philippines.

Meanwhile, my wife is adjusting to her new sleeping cycle quite well without medicines.

4AD466B2-311A-4A65-88A0-2CF120805BD0.jpeg

• Like 4

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted

Today we took a trip to a local Filipino restuarant and ordered Ukoy and Pancit Canton... Filipino food is definitely much more expensive in the USA than it is in the Phils!

IMG-4258.JPGresto.JPG

However, my wife was happy to be able to speak Tagalog and Kampangan once again

• Like 5

• 3 months later...
Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
On 2/18/2019 at 5:18 PM, Reboot said:

But "get her rice" is good advice!

Can’t get away from eating rice!

But not more than once a day… and this time, we’re eating brown rice only, since we have a better rice cooker than the one we used in the Phils (that actually cooks brown rice quickly). 

You were absolutely correct (spot on) with how my Filipina wife needs to eat rice.

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

My wife only eats rice 2 or 3 times a week now and has done for a few years. We have moved to Basmati which is meant to be better for you than the asian rices. We will see if it lasts once we move back this coming September, we'll see how long it takes her to go native.

• Like 1

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Gary D said:

We will see if it lasts once we move back this coming September, we'll see how long it takes her to go native.

Please let us know, since I often wonder if once a Filipina lives in the west, if she will change back to her old ways in the Phils.

Gary D
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

Please let us know, since I often wonder if once a Filipina lives in the west, if she will change back to her old ways in the Phils.

They probably do as she will be with her family who will be eating the customary breakfast dinner and tea, plus snacks in between.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love it 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Gary D said:

They probably do as she will be with her family who will be eating the customary breakfast dinner and tea, plus snacks in between.

:whistling: As they say "you can take the lady out of the Philippines but you will never take the Philippines out of the lady "

I will just leave this here.;

Rice meal.jpg The Rice Meal. :huh: I am sure they will never really change (only perhaps a little to appease the Manipulators) :wink: :smile:

• Haha 4