The Americanization/Westernization of ang Asawa

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

One thing that boggles my mind here is the fat on the meat. My wife never complained about the missing fat on the meat in the US. Here, she's greedy for it. There's a damn inch of fat on a pork chop here. I don't like the mouth feel of it and give it to her. 

In that respect, she's been de-Westernized.

She's also forgetting the English words for things and gets mad sometimes when I don't understand her "long way" of speaking ("the thing that goes on the thing before you tighten it" for "washer", for instance).

I have noticed that her standards seem higher for many things. That comes from living in the USA.

• Like 2

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, JDDavao said:

My wife never complained about the missing fat on the meat in the US. Here, she's greedy for it.

My wife is always praising the quality, texture, and flavor of the meats in the US (as compared to the Phils), especially the pork (since there's virtually no fat at all, no hairs, etc. on it.)

I wonder if my wife will become "de-Westernized" during our upcoming short visit back to the Phils to get the kids :89:

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

My wife is always praising the quality, texture, and flavor of the meats in the US (as compared to the Phils), especially the pork (since there's virtually no fat at all, no hairs, etc. on it.)

I wonder if my wife will become "de-Westernized" during our upcoming short visit back to the Phils to get the kids :89:

All of the hairy, fatty pieces go immediately from my plate to my wife's so, it's possible bro. It's possible.

• Like 1

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, JDDavao said:

All of the hairy, fatty pieces go immediately from my plate to my wife's so, it's possible bro. It's possible.

OMG!!!  My wife will probably never want to go back to the US again :shock_40_anim_gif:

Edited by Mark Berkowitz

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

OMG!!!  My wife will probably never want to go back to the US again :shock_40_anim_gif:

:89: I thought she was there already?:wink:

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89: I thought she was there already?:wink:

She's here right now, but I was speaking about when we both take a short trip back to the Philippines to get the children.  I was only joking about how she'll possibly like it much better in the Philippines, and want to stay there.  Only joking :wink:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

but I was speaking about when we both take a short trip back to the Philippines to get the children. 

AH! I guess you forgot to say that in your previous Post :wink:

10 hours ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

OMG!!!  My wife will probably never want to go back to the US again 

:whistling: Just pulling your leg a Little Mark :smile:

• Haha 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

There a number of things I know my wife will miss when we return to live full time in the Philippines. The top two are garage sales and seasonal/clearance sales at stores. Regarding foods, she now loves crab legs and likes steak.

• Like 1

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, earthdome said:

There a number of things I know my wife will miss when we return to live full time in the Philippines. The top two are garage sales and seasonal/clearance sales at stores. Regarding foods, she now loves crab legs and likes steak.

My wife is already missing the Sari Sari store, even though it's a only three minute drive to the nearest supermarket.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

My wife is already missing the Sari Sari store,even though it's a only three minute drive to the nearest supermarket.

I can understand that, they were brought up with them just as we can miss a Supermarket :wink: We are about the same give or take but unless she's doing a big Shop she can get all locally for daily needs :smile:

• Like 1