PLDT with their Foot in their Mouth

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

So! having been offline for some 4+ days the Truth emerges, Since PLDT were told that they must make their contractors Permanent after 6 months many were let go. Robinsons Place here in Dumaguete has an office BUT as the Desk staff were only Contractors both Cash desk and Technical, They shut down on Friday at 7.30pm and you could not pay or report any problems at the Weekend, We have been paying our Bills at the Business desk in Robinsons for 4 months. Now here is the problem I found out this morning when i finally got through, The PLDT Accounts Section had a crash and no money paid from other places was entered on the PLDT accounts which meant our Account was Overdue so they turned me off :Caught: Shock Horror to say the least, We went to the Business Centre at Robinsons and made a Complaint, YES SIR we know what has happened, So, they rang on what I suppose was a special number and Low and behold 40 mins later I am back on Line. PLDT as a National Company really have to get things sorted, We pay in Advance and Robinsons have all the details, then  again I suppose, PLDT said OH My!  but I guess, would never accept that the ball is in their Court. So if anyone here has this problem, go to where you pay your account and they will do something we seem not to be able to do. Get them to Listen.  The Robinsons Place issue at the PLDT office is getting to be a problem all round Of course when I rang to explain I am back online the Supervisor said yes sorry about that, But was non committal about refunds.:whatever:

All in all we made 15 calls to the Hot Line which BTW has now changed from Smart *1888 to just 171 yet no one ever told us the Problem, just we can't validate your account to help NO of course not, they had crashed:whistling: but they can't even admit that just kept saying we are enhancing the System YEAH! 4+ days

rant over :56da64a10ceee_1(235):

Jack:5714137783ea0_1(172):

Morning All, Did you  miss me? :hystery:

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted

Whilst Globe are far from perfect, we usually are able to resolve issues.  Luckily, we have the numbers of the local engineer and the local engineering office so we can circumvent the system.  As for refunds, as soon as the connection is off for 24+ hours we receive a rebate off our next bill without having to ask for it.  As fibre is rolled out, the overall service seems to be getting better in terms of reliability.  Saying that, we did lose our service for 2 hours on Friday night!  

• Like 2

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

"Help Desks" in the Philippines are only there to get you frustrated enough to stop complaining.

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I guess we are lucky to have Subictel here, a subsidiary of PLDT, and run separately.  On average, they seem to be better than regular PLDT.

• Like 1

RubberChicken
Posted
Posted

PLDT customer service is so bad they have turned it into some bizarre performance art form. By Filipino standards the customer service is horrible. I thing that should say enough.

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

I've had both ISP's through the years. In some places one is better than the other. In other places it's viceversa. Switched back to Globe in Dec. and will have to wait till May before I can make International phone calls.:Mad:

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

I've had both ISP's through the years. In some places one is better than the other. In other places it's viceversa. Switched back to Globe in Dec. and will have to wait till May before I can make International phone calls.:Mad:

I had Globe in 3 different locations over the last 7 years and they were never very good. The straw which broke the camel`s back was the last time they came out to repair I asked them what the problem was and the engineer told me that there were too many splices(joints) in my line. Really it is only 2 years old so that means when you installed it you used old lines joined together. I have had PLDT fiber since last August and no real problems I just hope it continues this way.  Customer services here is an oxymoron.

• Like 1

RubberChicken
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, sonjack2847 said:

I had Globe in 3 different locations over the last 7 years and they were never very good. The straw which broke the camel`s back was the last time they came out to repair I asked them what the problem was and the engineer told me that there were too many splices(joints) in my line. Really it is only 2 years old so that means when you installed it you used old lines joined together. I have had PLDT fiber since last August and no real problems I just hope it continues this way.  Customer services here is an oxymoron.

That’s the trick. I hate to admit it but PLDT Fbr has been a major improvement. It is the loathing associated with the inevitable time you have to interact with customer service. I am not Filipino bashing but the company just blows from the oligharchal structure and incredibly inefficient customer support. 

LUFCinMakati
Posted
Posted

Amazing that the international BPO's can give great customer service, but locally its terrible!

We had Sky, had to reboot the modem very other day and the system would go down when I was in the middle of a Skype call. We moved to Converge and the system is very reliable and we get 80-90 MBPS down and upload, but their customer service is shit. 

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

there is an ex PLDT living near us 7yrs of service 24 hours notice of dissmisal ! And it turns out the new fibrehome company is owned by the chinese company that makes the equipment ! As for PLDT customer service , if you go to their local PLDT offices to try and sort things out such as Fibre plans and unlimited family calls etc they have to google the PLDT website to see what you are talking about !

And as for their 171 no the last time the wife used this she spoke to 8 different people ! And still one of our problems is still not resolved ! But we now have Fibre working albeit very erratic , have to reboot the router 2-3 times a day to keep the speed up ! Butwe can live with that.