PLDT with their Foot in their Mouth

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, expatuk2014 said:

And it turns out the new fibrehome company is owned by the chinese company that makes the equipment !

Let's hope the 3rd Telecom player shakes things up but I fear they will be dragged down to PLDT/Globe's level rather than it bringing those 2 up to  its. 

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, hk blues said:

Let's hope the 3rd Telecom player shakes things up but I fear they will be dragged down to PLDT/Globe's level rather than it bringing those 2 up to  its. 

I cannot see that happening as I think they would have to use PLDT`s infrastructure. 

hk blues
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

I cannot see that happening as I think they would have to use PLDT`s infrastructure. 

That was my point - I fear the new player will be dragged down to the incumbents level

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

I have Globe at home- Prepaid Wifi and it's good when it's working which is most of the time, if I need to go to their office with problems the cashier is the go to girl, seems to know what's going on and how to fix, the customer service staff need to learn customer service. Had PLDT when I first came, service was fairly good, moved location and there connection was pathetic, Sky not worth talking about. Having dealt with Aussie ISP's for years it's much the same as local ISP's or maybe worse but much more expensive.

• Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, frosty (chris) said:

Had PLDT when I first came, service was fairly good,

It had been Good up till last week, then they had mega problems, All is well at the Moment and low and behold since it is back online it is far better than it was before they crashed Fingers crossed smiley.jpg it stays that way

• Haha 1

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

It had been Good up till last week, then they had mega problems, All is well at the Moment and low and behold since it is back online it is far better than it was before they crashed Fingers crossed smiley.jpg it stays that way

Don't say too much Jack, you'll put the mocker on it, Regards

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

We have just signed up for PLDT's 20 meg 'unlimited' today )p1899 per month)... supposedly for connection in 5-7 days, after two nice young ladies knocked on our gate. 

Hmmm. Let's see.  :popcorn: 

Then again, we are in the middle of bloody nowhere, so it already feels like a miracle, having a 'fiber' line strung down our lonely lane.:huh: 

hk blues
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, graham59 said:

We have just signed up for PLDT's 20 meg 'unlimited' today )p1899 per month)... supposedly for connection in 5-7 days, after two nice young ladies knocked on our gate. 

Hmmm. Let's see.  :popcorn: 

Then again, we are in the middle of bloody nowhere, so it already feels like a miracle, having a 'fiber' line strung down our lonely lane.:huh: 

Yep - believe it when you see it.  We had all the forms filled in and everything was set up but when the technical team got involved it was a no-go.  Hopefully,  your case will be different. 

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

Well, we are approximately 10 metres from the nearest PLDT Fiber distribution (?) box, but yes, it IS the Philippines.  :whistling: