Renting a Home, then Buying a home at Davao City,,,

Cool ICE-Philippines
Posted
Posted

My wife and I are moving to Davao City in starting an existing business, I've decided to rent a home at Davao for several years before building a home at Calinan, or Davao City. I have information regarding home rentals their within the districts of Davao, Davao del sur, we will be living their maybe for 3 years, off and on, from Anchorage , Alaska to Davao City every 6- 8 months out of each year. But we are also interested in building a home eventually after a period of a year or so. My wife is a Filipina lady and wants our children in a private school. I would appreciate the info regarding renting and building,,,thanks,,, 

• Like 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

A foreigner cannot own land so it will all have to be in your wife's name ,you can I belive put your name on the deeds or probably even better idea is to put the house that you buy into the kids names

Be wary of builders such as Deca homes , there are a lot if sub divisions being thrown up and the quality even by philipino standards is poor 

It is sometimes better to buy an existing house ,they can cost considerably less , when it comes to negotiation try to stay away and let your wife do it 

As an example I through my gf bought a piece of land it was up for 2.7 million ,her papa negotiated it down to 1.8 million , a westerner not far away bought a similar piece of land for 2.9 million around the same time 

So try to use trusted people

So far in davao I have bought a condo and a small farm in the hills , I'll be out again in may to see progress and sort thing out

I may still split my time between the UK and the Philippines, I can always fly back and earn a few Bob to keep the coffers full

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

Just a comment, I'm not sure if Cool-Aid is aware that the restriction on foreigners owning land does not apply to condominiums (that might be an option).

• Like 2

Viking
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, bastonjock said:

So try to use trusted people

Thats a very good advice, but the biggest problem is where to find them??? :89:

:biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
On 2/19/2019 at 9:26 PM, Viking said:

Thats a very good advice, but the biggest problem is where to find them??? :89:

:biggrin:

I start by using people that don't know someone who can get me a deal. :whistling:

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Davao is a great place as far as I'm concerned...  I've been here since December 2014 and love it!  But as great as it is, there are still a few problems to watch out for if you are buying, building or renting...  A big one is water...   Some areas have very poor water delivery and a few have none...  Why..?  Too many new subdivisions before the water delivery was updated...   Power doesn't seem to be a problem anywhere....  Internet..?  Check with the ISPs before deciding on a location...  Having to use wireless internet sucks..!  

I don't know what you'll find in Davao City for a house rental...  There are many overpriced ones sitting on the market and the good ones go within a day or two...  Maybe look into renting (or even buying) a condo...  There are some beautiful condos near Abreeza Mall, more in Ecoland, and even a few going up in Buhangin by the new Grand Mall...   

I live in Toril, a town that's part of Davao City but a bit of a drive away...  It's quieter, people are incredibly friendly, lots of pools and beach resorts...  But if your business is going to be downtown..?  Hmm...  It's about the same distance as Calinan...  Lol!  

• Love it 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, i am bob said:

A big one is water..

:hystery: LOL Ha Ha, you need to talk to member @bastonjock apparently his GF is 2 I/C at Water District, :smile: I am sure that with the Contacts she has  you can get something Sorted.:rolleyes:

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

:hystery: LOL Ha Ha, you need to talk to member @bastonjock apparently his GF is 2 I/C at Water District, :smile: I am sure that with the Contacts she has  you can get something Sorted.:rolleyes:

It's been constant upgrades by the water company but the darn city is just growing too fast...!

• Hmm thinking 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

Gf tells me that they are working on increasing the water available in davao , she decided to live at Calatunan Grande as there are no water shortages there 

From what i could work out  one if the big resevoir areas is part of the Eagle sanctuary  , they have a very large project at the moment , i remember something about a river being utilised 

If you need water @ i am bob ,just bring a bucket  up to my place above toril ,ill let you dip it into my mountain spring water, it never runs out :whistling:

• Love it 1

Cool ICE-Philippines
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, i am bob said:

Davao is a great place as far as I'm concerned...  I've been here since December 2014 and love it!  But as great as it is, there are still a few problems to watch out for if you are buying, building or renting...  A big one is water...   Some areas have very poor water delivery and a few have none...  Why..?  Too many new subdivisions before the water delivery was updated...   Power doesn't seem to be a problem anywhere....  Internet..?  Check with the ISPs before deciding on a location...  Having to use wireless internet sucks..!  

I don't know what you'll find in Davao City for a house rental...  There are many overpriced ones sitting on the market and the good ones go within a day or two...  Maybe look into renting (or even buying) a condo...  There are some beautiful condos near Abreeza Mall, more in Ecoland, and even a few going up in Buhangin by the new Grand Mall...   

I live in Toril, a town that's part of Davao City but a bit of a drive away...  It's quieter, people are incredibly friendly, lots of pools and beach resorts...  But if your business is going to be downtown..?  Hmm...  It's about the same distance as Calinan...  Lol!