Heading back.

Reboot
Posted
Posted

Leaving US at end of May. Trip will be shorter this time...just a month. But that's because I am taking my two older kids. They are very excited! I guess I am too. Wife will precede me by a few weeks with baby. She wants to vote.

• Like 2

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Reboot said:

Leaving US at end of May. Trip will be shorter this time...just a month. But that's because I am taking my two older kids. They are very excited! I guess I am too. Wife will precede me by a few weeks with baby. She wants to vote.

What ? The baby wants to vote ? :5795:

• Like 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, bastonjock said:

What ? The baby wants to vote ? :5795:

Make sure it gets its 100 pesos

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
On 2/18/2019 at 5:21 PM, Reboot said:

I wonder if anything will be noticeably different to you when you go back home?... things that have gotten better?... or even worse?

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Gary D said:

Make sure it gets its 100 pesos

I think it's 500 now and a bag of rice.:laugh:

• Haha 2

Reboot
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

I wonder if anything will be noticeably different to you when you go back home?... things that have gotten better?... or even worse?

I was in the Ph last summer so I doubt it has changed much.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Reboot said:

I was in the Ph last summer so I doubt it has changed much.

I wish i could say the same for my waistline!

• Haha 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Only visiting every 18 months- 2 years over the 25 years the differences have been quite marked. The main roads have much improved and the barungy road is now concreted although breaking up where skimped. We now have electricity, water and landline/broadband. One noticeable change over this time has been the rise in prices.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, Gary D said:

Only visiting every 18 months- 2 years over the 25 years the differences have been quite marked. The main roads have much improved and the barungy road is now concreted although breaking up where skimped. We now have electricity, water and landline/broadband. One noticeable change over this time has been the rise in prices.

Progress doesn't come cheap! 

Even in the 4+ years I've been here, the changes have been marked.  Overall, I'm positive towards the direction the place is heading, but there are a few roadblocks and detours to be meet along the way I guess.