The Fridge & Freezer

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:89: Oh yeah, what is Jack going to say I hear :whistling:

Well. while I was having a Coffee with a friend Yesterday the topic turned at one stage to Budgets and how the Last week of the Month is the Low week for cash.

After I called to see another Friend and relayed that part of the conversation, agreeing about Food in particular I said OH so we all suffer this I guess, When I went home after a few beers and having had 2 really good natters about things I sat and thought about the Weekend and SHOPPING ( Food in particular) So when HTMBO got home from Work and we were sat on the Terrace having that, "How was Today  Chat " I asked about plans for the Weekend , having had a text while I was having Coffee at Robinsons [ Sans Rival here in Dumaguete]  to tell me that the Sprog was going to make a surprise Visit Home. So I said to my friend ah well that is our weekend scuppered a little. Anyway the Wife said oh well we will just do the usual then, AH! you mean Shopping:huh: I said. OK but before the Weekend in fact Tonight please, Can you and Rachel ( Our Helper) do an inventory of the Fridge & Freezer ( make a List of every thing that is in there) Low and behold there is enough in that Thing for up to 7 days Meals, I kid you not. So Honey I said, Just use Everything you can to make meals and then there will be no need for a Big shop will there? ( she is a Good Cook) I said, I just know that you have the imagination :ohmy: to turn out decent meals for us all over the Weekend ( I mean she can normally make something out of Nothing )  :ohmy: If you need bits and pieces OK but Not going out and Spending Big for things that will get left to join all the other stuff in the Fridge. LOL :hystery: I sit here now and wonder if it will happen?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89: Oh yeah, what is Jack going to say I hear :whistling:

Well. while I was having a Coffee with a friend Yesterday the topic turned at one stage to Budgets and how the Last week of the Month is the Low week for cash.

After I called to see another Friend and relayed that part of the conversation, agreeing about Food in particular I said OH so we all suffer this I guess, When I went home after a few beers and having had 2 really good natters about things I sat and thought about the Weekend and SHOPPING ( Food in particular) So when HTMBO got home from Work and we were sat on the Terrace having that, "How was Today  Chat " I asked about plans for the Weekend , having had a text while I was having Coffee at Robinsons [ Sans Rival here in Dumaguete]  to tell me that the Sprog was going to make a surprise Visit Home. So I said to my friend ah well that is our weekend scuppered a little. Anyway the Wife said oh well we will just do the usual then, AH! you mean Shopping:huh: I said. OK but before the Weekend in fact Tonight please, Can you and Rachel ( Our Helper) do an inventory of the Fridge & Freezer ( make a List of every thing that is in there) Low and behold there is enough in that Thing for up to 7 days Meals, I kid you not. So Honey I said, Just use Everything you can to make meals and then there will be no need for a Big shop will there? ( she is a Good Cook) I said, I just know that you have the imagination :ohmy: to turn out decent meals for us all over the Weekend ( I mean she can normally make something out of Nothing )  :ohmy: If you need bits and pieces OK but Not going out and Spending Big for things that will get left to join all the other stuff in the Fridge. LOL :hystery: I sit here now and wonder if it will happen?

THE BIG SHOP, we only need a few things, but how come we come back with enough plastic bags to get green peace to come round and give us a good talking too.

• Haha 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

there will be no need for a Big shop will there?

4 words . . . .  good luck with that,  :hystery::hystery::whistling:

• Haha 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Well, it took me many years, when doing the big shop, to actually get my wife put the things in the trolley she needs for the whole month. 

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I do the grocery store for a month's worth but I hit the market every couple days...  Fresh fruit, fresh veggies...  Yes, i even buy my pork and chicken there...  I have a couple vendors I checked out and they keep their meat refrigerated while their display sells...  My favorite vendor for pork even cuts out lean meat for me at the same price...  And no kano prices inside...  There's a big board at the entrance with prices for everything..!

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, i am bob said:

I do the grocery store for a month's worth but I hit the market every couple days...

:89: Bob, the Topic is about NOT shopping but using what is in the Fridge, Please pay attention mate :unsure: :tiphat: BTW missed you me ole Cock Sparrow :smile:

i am bob
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89: Bob, the Topic is about NOT shopping but using what is in the Fridge, Please pay attention mate :unsure: :tiphat: BTW missed you me ole Cock Sparrow :smile:

Missed you too, Jack!

I was going to say a bit more but my phone died...  I really need to get a new one...

To add to previous, I recently bought a new fridge...  A whole 5 cubic foot beast..!  Refrigerators and freezers work best when they are full...  And going to the market every couple days..?  Why get anything bigger..?   I don't even keep beer in it...  The store downstairs sells Red Horse for the same price I can buy it anywhere else and it's good and cold so...  Hehe!  Nope!  The fridge is only for juice, milk, and leftovers...  Ice cream and a few others in the freezer...  

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

nor cal mike
Posted
Posted

Jack you’ve touched on something that’s often a topic of conversation in our home. We constantly have an abundance of leftovers in the refrigerator. When I open the refrigerator it looks like a Tupperware distributor. The refrigerator is always jammed full of leftovers. You would think we could estimate the amount to cook but my wife always wants to make sure there’s enough. I thought that’s easy to resolve, get a larger refrigerator. The only thing that did was create a need for more Tupperware. Until today all I’ve learned is to eat the food in front. However, Bob has provided the answer, a smaller refrigerator. Thank you Sir 

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:shock_40_anim_gif: Well that Idea went out of the Window cos i have just been informed we are Going SHOPPING  crying man.jpg