No More trips to City Burger (Dumaguete)

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:shock_40_anim_gif: Twice since Christmas the family have eaten at the well known Restaurant called "City Burger"  City Burger.jpg It is mainly Grilled Chicken and Rice   City burger meal.jpg Twice we have had problems with Food Poisoning. Saturday we went again and I have been suffering since. Never again. I understand that Quantity is good for Business but Quality is better for my stomach

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

From the pic..my dogs might like it but I think I'll pass.:mellow:

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I had the same, twice, in Mang Inasal. I do wonder if they sometimes reheat things from the day before or the previous open period. I prefer quality over quantity but here that does not fill seats with locals. I have also had expensive meals here which were a big disappointment.

Gary D
Posted
Posted

It would appear chicken is the big vilian. Both times I've had food poisoning it's been from chicken. The worst case was from eating at a KFC in Makati, spend 2 nights in hospital on a drip.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

:shock_40_anim_gif: Twice since Christmas the family have eaten at the well known Restaurant called "City Burger"  City Burger.jpg It is mainly Grilled Chicken and Rice   City burger meal.jpg Twice we have had problems with Food Poisoning. Saturday we went again and I have been suffering since. Never again. I understand that Quantity is good for Business but Quality is better for my stomach

A grilled chicken place call "City Burger"?  That should have been a warning to you!  :shock_40_anim_gif: Hope you are feeling better!

Yes, under-cooked chicken is often the cause for food poisoning.  If they drench it in BBQ sauce like your picture, it might be hard to notice the under-cooked parts.

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 1

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

We never eat at Mang Inasal did once chicken 50% cooked and they overcharged us ! 

For Burgers for me it has to be Jollibees its fast food yes and it sells fast ! Hence the burgers are freshly cooked and their  champ is my favourite ! Had Tempura a few times which i loved but then had a bad batch , never again. KFC is a big no no for the whole family.

We have a GF grill which i use to cook chefs choice burgers from waltermart. 

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, expatuk2014 said:

We never eat at Mang Inasal did once chicken 50% cooked and they overcharged us ! 

For Burgers for me it has to be Jollibees its fast food yes and it sells fast ! Hence the burgers are freshly cooked and their  champ is my favourite ! Had Tempura a few times which i loved but then had a bad batch , never again. KFC is a big no no for the whole family.

We have a GF grill which i use to cook chefs choice burgers from waltermart. 

I eat often at Mang Insasl but haven't had any problems but it's always been in a busy location so that helps.  Jollibee - never had a problem.  KFC- hmmm.  MacDonalds - hmmm.  Ribshack - hmmm, hmmm.

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

In most First World countries, the chickens are raised in commercial farms that are visited by health inspectors.  The feed is manufactured at processing plants.  The quality of the final product is not as good, taste wise, but you learn to accept it.  The safety inspection continues through the slaughter house, frozen storage, delivery and restaurant kitchen.  The contamination possibilities are reduce and food poisoning is less likely.  In the Philippines, you don't know the source.  Some of those chickens served at a Philippine restaurant might come from someone's backyard that has toxic waste.

The same with pork.  There is a large piggery in Laguna that raises over 100,000 hogs a year.  Very sophisticated technology and high sanitation based on the Danish model.  Yet the pork you consume at a restaurant may come from someone's backyard feed with family and neighbors' leftover food. 

• Like 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted

OK so when I am in town I'll know to stay away from City Barfer

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Funny thing is not once have l had any food poisoning from takeout or restaurants. No that's  a lie, maybe once but to pinpoint why or where it came from is difficult. Anyway recently l have become a fan of chow king. 

Anyway else like Chow king ? 

• Like 1