Hypothetical question

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Now he says he will contact his lawyer

I knew an Aussie who acted exactly as you describe this fellow does.  (He passes away so definitely not the same man.)  The point is he screwed over many people, physically assaulted a few, took legal action against some (never won a case but it kept people spending money on lawyers for years).  The point is, he knew how to push people's buttons and the only defense was to steer clear of him or strike first.  No conscience in that man.  He also sued a fellow expat over a bit of trash ( a decade old bit of sheepskin) but he died before the case was decided and the case died with him.

Best of luck, but I do not know of a solution that does not involve doing something that would make you seem worse than him. :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Hmm thinking 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

If he gets in touch with a lawyer just tell the lawyer you are keeping his stuff safe for him and he can have it when he pays the money he owes you. That may or may not work but you are not stealing his stuff merely keeping it safe. You could say you will counterclaim for money owed sometimes that makes people back off.

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

No. To tell the truth a Brit that l was managing his condo through Airbnb refuses to pay me with no grounds. When l confronted nicely just asking why he is not reading my messages he attacked me physically. 

Four or five security guard came and he backed off yelling, I'm not going to hit him x 2. 

The issue is now I'm out of pocket where he made almost 50k for just one booking in January and all because of my work.

This person was a so called friend.

He has blocked me and my gf messages.

I feel threatened by what he did and dont know what will happen if l run into him. He embarrassed me infront of maybe 100s of people in the IT park.

I believe l have 2 months to file charges and the procedure to get that far is a pain and then after that they issue him a summons. 

I would leave it as it is unless you don't mind having unnecessary stress in your life. You know how slow the legal system here works. Sit back with a cold one and chalk it up to experience. A-holes like that usually end up paying in the end.:cheersty:

• Like 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Some people figure out ways, like this fellow

Paul.png :Caught:

I have an artists conception of him. :huh:

download.jpg

• Haha 1

PaulB
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

He is back living in the condo. I have towels and linens here in my condo which belongs to him but l have not given back. Now he says he will contact his lawyer, then he blocked my gf and l from sending messages.

Except for 2 new towels the rest is trash value. 

Masterbate on his towels and leave them outside his door, Happy Days! Also why not share his Air BNB site and we can all leave lousy reviews so his business goes down the pan along with your contribution to his towels!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, PaulB said:

Masterbate on his towels and leave them outside his door, Happy Days! Also why not share his Air BNB site and we can all leave lousy reviews so his business goes down the pan along with your contribution to his towels!

Only guest that stayed can write reviews but anyway the listing was in my account. 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
49 minutes ago, PaulB said:

why not share his Air BNB site and we can all leave lousy reviews so his business goes down the pan

He does not care.

5 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

He is back living in the condo.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

EASY, we just send the Dumaguete squad over :hystery: Monthly meet february Dumaguete squad.jpeg:whistling:

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

EASY, we just send the Dumaguete squad over :hystery: Monthly meet february Dumaguete squad.jpeg:whistling:

Don't tempt me :tongue:

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

No. To tell the truth a Brit that l was managing his condo through Airbnb refuses to pay me with no grounds. When l confronted nicely just asking why he is not reading my messages he attacked me physically. 

Four or five security guard came and he backed off yelling, I'm not going to hit him x 2. 

The issue is now I'm out of pocket where he made almost 50k for just one booking in January and all because of my work.

This person was a so called friend.

He has blocked me and my gf messages.

I feel threatened by what he did and dont know what will happen if l run into him. He embarrassed me infront of maybe 100s of people in the IT park.

I believe l have 2 months to file charges and the procedure to get that far is a pain and then after that they issue him a summons. 

Wow that's nuts. There seem to be some strange people in the Ph.

Edited by Reboot