Flying over India

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

Hi guys 

I case you have missed the recent news , some airlines are cancelling their flights that go to India and Pakistan,  the Indian and Pakistani armed forces have been shooting at each other in Kashmire ,so far the Indians have lost 2 fighter jets and the Pakistanis, one 

It's a concern to all as they both have nukes

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

Hi guys 

It's a concern to all as they both have nukes

Like a good soldier Baston.....that is a head shot bullseye.  Fat generals and admirals of BOTH sides are extremely sensitive of "losing face".  Unintended consequences due to stupid, silly schoolyard bully tactics is the name of the game right now.  Fat fingers on the nuke button?  

And just as bad, our US foreign policy based on the department of defense, justice, intelligence, state department and the executive branch has not been cohesive lately.  I'm also concern about that.

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Pakistan has banned all international flight over Pakistan.

• Like 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jake said:

Like a good soldier Baston.....that is a head shot bullseye.  Fat generals and admirals of BOTH sides are extremely sensitive of "losing face".  Unintended consequences due to stupid, silly schoolyard bully tactics is the name of the game right now.  Fat fingers on the nuke button?  

And just as bad, our US foreign policy based on the department of defense, justice, intelligence, state department and the executive branch has not been cohesive lately.  I'm also concern about that.

Yes its worrying Jake, we are on the cusp of power and wealth moving from the west to the East 

• Like 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

According to BBC news Thai Airlines have cancelled all flights as their routes fly over Pakistan,  there have been flights returned back to places like London and Frankfurt  in Europe 

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

According to BBC news Thai Airlines have cancelled all flights as their routes fly over Pakistan,  there have been flights returned back to places like London and Frankfurt  in Europe 

Singapore Airlines and their subsidiary Scoot have cancelled flights and offered refunds or changes of destination and Emirates are rerouting flights as well.  I suspect that many other airlines will follow.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, bastonjock said:

I had a flight canceled to Thailand when Marshall law was declared way back. So I came here instead the rest is history.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • I'm Confused 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Jake said:

Don't worry. Bangladesh will come to the rescue.:ohmy:

• Haha 1