Posted (edited)

Not sure about this one, maybe Jamie Oliver book instead

Screenshot_20190226_213140.jpg

Edited by Mick
  • Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

She won a cooking show in Australia, ummm I think it might have been Master Chef Australia?

The book attracted a lot of media coverage when it was released, and she ended up with her own TV show.

Deliberate (and clever) media trick that name I suspect.

virginprune
Posted
Posted (edited)

She is Thai and Poo is a fairly common nickname there. That book has been around for years....good catchy name though.

I live in South Cotabato, SOX for short. There is a billboard in Marbel that advertises ' Discover the flavour of SOX '  regional cuisine or daily special..?

Edited by virginprune

hk blues
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, GeoffH said:

She won a cooking show in Australia, ummm I think it might have been Master Chef Australia?

The book attracted a lot of media coverage when it was released, and she ended up with her own TV show.

Deliberate (and clever) media trick that name I suspect.

Not that it matters, but she was 2nd in the 2009 show.  

Edit - the Poo from the book is not actually the person from Masterchef Australia. 

Edited by hk blues

hk blues
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, virginprune said:

She is Thai and Poo is a fairly common nickname there. That book has been around for years....good catchy name though.

I live in South Cotabato, SOX for short. There is a billboard in Marbel that advertises ' Discover the flavour of SOX '  regional cuisine or daily special..?

She is actually Malaysian, not Thai.  Her real name is Poh so I'm not sure where the Poo came from (in this case:tongue:)

Edit - apologies, I went off on the wrong tangent.  The Poo from the book is not the Poh made famous for her TV appearances.

Edited by hk blues

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Not that it matters, but she was 2nd in the 2009 show.  

Edit - the Poo from the book is not actually the person from Masterchef Australia. 

Oh really?  I never knew that it wasn't her LOL

I feel a little like swearing getting it wrong.... oh POO! 

Edited by GeoffH

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, GeoffH said:

Oh really?  I never knew that it wasn't her LOL

I feel a little like swearing getting it wrong.... oh POO! 

From a quick glance at the book cover I thought it was her too, but was sure she was Malaysian and not Thai so a quick google confirmed it is another person entirely!  

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

I bought a Chinese cook book in Divisoria in Manila.

101 and one ways to wok your dog.:sad:

• Haha 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

101 and one ways to wok your dog.:sad:

Leave my dog out of this... wok... just because SWMBO named him 'chum chum' doesn't mean he's food LOL

chum chum.jpg

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

There was a town in the Philippines named "SEXMOAN."  They eventually changed the name.

In Honolulu, names on a cross street were in Hawaiian.  In Tagalog, it translated into vulgar female parts.  Our Filipino friends want to see it and pose next to the sign for pictures to take home.

In Lancaster, Pennsylvania (Amish country), there is a town named INTERCOURSE.  All the tourist would stop to take pictures.