Soundproof

jimeve
Posted
Posted

I'm losing a tenant because of noisy pack of dogs fighting at night and sometimes during the day, also my dogs 3 of them start to bark but I can control them. I was wondering about soundproofing materials for windows and walls?

I'v/we have been to the barangay captain, she's no use won't/can't help. It is getting worse, Cockerel breeders have obtained land all around of us and very noisy when feeding times, more so at 4am.

I live in rural barangay (in the sticks) bad choice.

Cheers Jim.  

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Look on Amazon for a rechargeable dog barking repellant gadget.I just ordered 1 and have been told it works well.P2850 ish

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

Look on Amazon for a rechargeable dog barking repellant gadget.I just ordered 1 and have been told it works well.P2850 ish

Uk or US Amazon?

graham59
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the Philippines. :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Not the best choice of habitat for 'peace and quiet' lovers.  :sad:

I'm having a special 'quiet room' built... as my study/bedroom, even though, our provincial place (touch wood) is remarkable peaceful.

Concrete walls and floor. Good quality windows and door/s.  Properly insulated and ventilated roof space, with a ceiling to match. This will also  almost silence the drumming of rain on the roof. 

Lots of ways to sound-proof, but ventilation is also a necessity, and that is the difficult one to balance, without  the project becoming too expensive for this particular pauper . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

That won't work unless you can convince the pack of street dogs to wear them!! And who will pay?:wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

That won't work unless you can convince the pack of street dogs to wear them!! And who will pay?:wink:

i guess you are in the know just what he is buying then?

4 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

• Haha 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jack Peterson said:

i guess you are in the know just what he is buying then?

The OP said he can control his own dogs. Not the others around the place that are causing the problems. What Sonjack suggested needs to fit like a collar around the neck of the offending dog, so when they bark they get a mild electric shock. Soundproof room would be better.:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

Soundproof room would be better.:thumbsup:

:whistling: The dogs won't like to be put in there for long :hystery:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

What Sonjack suggested needs to fit like a collar around the neck of the offending dog,

Not from what he was telling us when we met last week, so for me, I will wait and see as we all should until he reveals just what he has bought

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Not from what he was telling us when we met last week, so for me, I will wait and see as we all should until he reveals just what he has bought

Google it and you won't have to wait.:smile: