Soundproof

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, jimeve said:

Let me know how well it works Kev.

I will Jim. It is coming Friday so maybe I can let you know next week as it does not happen all the time.

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I am looking into shipping a couple cases of 'Green Glue', a soundproofing caulk-like stuff.  Adding another layer of wall, using the green glue, is supposed to cut sound way back.  Still won't handle the 'thump-thump' but "they" say nothing will.

7 hours ago, RBM said:

What is mini sounds please?

Not what I would call "mini"...but they do. This is why I do not like the province.  No noise regulation at all. The city does not have a lot - but people need to get up for work and will complain about noise. Out in the province everyday is a party, every night is tagay & pulatan. 

10151972_10202967231773795_1801521478_a.jpg   

Tagay & Pulatan (not the recommended age ha ha):

421953_2985551449848_550258372_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

Not what I would call "mini"...but they do. This is why I do not like the province.  No noise regulation at all. The city does not have a lot - but people need to get up for work and will complain about noise. Out in the province everyday is a party, every night is tagay & pulatan. 

Yep, no noise regulation or any other regulation seems like it. Muppet next door letting firecrackers off in the afternoon, my dogs come running in terrified.

If I was in England I would have punched his feking light out. 

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 3/6/2019 at 9:48 AM, jimeve said:

Yep, no noise regulation or any other regulation seems like it. Muppet next door letting firecrackers off in the afternoon, my dogs come running in terrified.

Yes we all have to keep telling ourselves this.....We are not in home countries. 

The culture here is quite difficult at times, our extremely wealthy neighbour has many poodles, we used to get on well, although limited to chit chat occasionally. I informed him many times to cover his side of fence as these small critters may get through, our rotti would not like this. Sure enough it happened , chomp the poodle was dead after one chomp.

Neighbour fully understood, showed no anger at all and readily admitted his fault. Two days later he stacks 6 dog cages against wall close to our bedroom, all full with yapping poodles.....

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, RBM said:

Two days later he stacks 6 dog cages against wall close to our bedroom, all full with yapping poodles.....

OUCH.jpg :56da632e94212_1(60):

RubberChicken
Posted
Posted

We asked a neighbor to shut up her interbred dogs and in response she filed a case against us and lost! Contrary to popular perception the barangay spanked the local.

I bought an inexpensive house as an exception to the common never buy always rent theory. I just wanted my wife to have a lot. Would do it again but kept the amount low because of the selfish culture. I consider it a societal defect not a politically correct “culture” issue. 

http://www.uratex.com.ph/industrial-institutional/acoustic-foam/

On every forum in thousands of posts one of the two most important pieces of advice that I respected: Never own anything here you can’t walk away from. Very extreme but a good rule.

• Like 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, RubberChicken said:

On every forum in thousands of posts one of the two most important pieces of advice that I respected: Never own anything here you can’t walk away from. Very extreme but a good rule.

when I bought the land there was no forums hardly. So very little information at hand. I did not even own a computer. 

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
On 3/6/2019 at 2:37 PM, Jack Peterson said:

OUCH.jpg :56da632e94212_1(60):

Maybe if they had the proper ambiance? Or like Jack says..being together is enough.:hystery:

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
On 3/6/2019 at 9:48 AM, jimeve said:

True story. I've been living in the same place for about 14 years. About 8 or so years ago my next door neighbor who we share a 5 ft wall with in the back yard was drinking with his friends and BBQing something for pulutan. My GF told me later that it was dog meat. I had had a few drinks myself and was pissed off about it so I went in the back and started making barking sounds at them. Not like an idiot but just enough to get their attention. Good thing my GF dragged me back into the house cuz they were super pissed off. We were never neighborly after that and he passed about 2 years later.:2245_safe:

• Haha 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

@jimeve The unit turned up yesterday ( a day early) I put it on charge and at 3 am this morning the dogs around were barking, but not the dogs next door who were nearest the unit. Does my anti dog barking unit work I would say it does what it states in the description. 

• Like 1