Soundproof

jimeve
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

How does that work?  Does it look good and the glass is still clear?

Just makes the original glass thicker. It's brown tinted.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

@ jimeve I have been using the device for a week now and yes it does work on the next doors dogs who are the most problem. I will move the location next week so they don`t get used to where the sound comes from and avoid that area. 

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
On 3/13/2019 at 1:56 PM, sonjack2847 said:

@ jimeve I have been using the device for a week now and yes it does work on the next doors dogs who are the most problem. I will move the location next week so they don`t get used to where the sound comes from and avoid that area. 

Got one of those cheaper models from Shopee, works to a point, kept the nearby dog from barking which is 10 foot from my head. Only got it yesterday so still not convinced. A flashlight seems to work and my raised voice telling them where to go :508:

• Thanks 1

OzeMike
Posted
Posted
On 3/13/2019 at 1:56 PM, sonjack2847 said:

How does it work exactly?... do you jusr switch it on and leave it ...to send an ultra sonic wave... or is it activated only when they bark? 

• 2 weeks later...
sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 3/16/2019 at 11:06 AM, OzeMike said:

How does it work exactly?... do you jusr switch it on and leave it ...to send an ultra sonic wave... or is it activated only when they bark? 

It activates when they bark.The one I have is working just fine in fact I have not had to turn it on for over a week now. Happy days.

• Thanks 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

It activates when they bark.The one I have is working just fine in fact I have not had to turn it on for over a week now. Happy days.

:89: Kev, would it have worked on the Dog you told us about Yesterday if you had it turned on? :whatever: or is that to far away?

jimeve
Posted
Posted
On 3/16/2019 at 11:06 AM, OzeMike said:

It has a microphone and when a dog barks in range it sounds out a frequency only animals can hear. That deters the dog and should make that dog move out of range

I hang mine up where a certain dog barks near my house, I switch mine on at night only to preserve battery. But for dogs out of the range 50 ft still looking for a solution I find a flashlight with a strobe works, sometimes. 

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89: Kev, would it have worked on the Dog you told us about Yesterday if you had it turned on? :whatever: or is that to far away?

Too many trees in the way for the signal to reach him. He is actually a very good looking dog. He is quiet at the moment so they must have moved him or put a muzzle on him.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, jimeve said:

It has a microphone and when a dog barks in range it sounds out a frequency only animals can hear. That deters the dog and should make that dog move out of range

I hang mine up where a certain dog barks near my house, I switch mine on at night only to preserve battery. But for dogs out of the range 50 ft still looking for a solution I find a flashlight with a strobe works, sometimes. 

Maybe we could borrow a compact bow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

Maybe we could borrow a compact bow.

In this case maybe a Boomarang.jpg would be better :smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4