Dogs!

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:89: Just a quick question about Dogs. Does anyone find that their dogs are just not wanting to eat although they normally eat well? I am putting it down to the Weather at the moment as they are all (4) still active but turning their noses up at food?

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I can't say that I have ever had multiple dogs at the same time turn down food.  Maybe one if sick, but never a group.  Anything changed?  Food type, dishes, location of feeding, new pet or person in the house, etc.  Sure seems odd, hope it is not something serious. :89:

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Another possibility is weather related.  High heat and humidity can result in lethargic behavior and loss of appetite especially for dogs with long hair.  Try keeping them in an air-conditioned room.  If no changes, it could be worms.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

Try keeping them in an air-conditioned room.  If no changes, it could be worms.

:huh: They are all outdoor Dogs and recently de-wormed, I agree with you as I suggested, that it is weather related, they are drinking water so I am not overly worried yet But.......................  :unsure:

• Hmm thinking 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

Bear in mind that their ancestors would probably have slept most of the day, and become active in the cool of the evening. 

You will know your dogs better than anyone else though. Make sure they haven't eaten something they shouldn't have. Pretty tough digestive systems normally though. 

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89: Just a quick question about Dogs. Does anyone find that their dogs are just not wanting to eat although they normally eat well? I am putting it down to the Weather at the moment as they are all (4) still active but turning their noses up at food?

Skye is acting the same so I think it is the change in the weather either that or they missed me last Thursday.

• Haha 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Mine are all eating normal Jack.

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

I get that once in a while. 5 Azkals. Sometimes it lasts for maybe one day or 2 and then back to normal. Once in a while one of the dogs will just not eat for a long time but drinks a lot of water. They all love to kill rats and frogs so I was thinking maybe that had something to do with it. My male dog, Heff who is in prison right now because the bitches are in heat wouldn't eat for 4 or more days. I got some antibiotics at the "pet store" and coaxed him into eating fried liver and chicken so he's making a comeback. :smile:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, jimeve said:

Mine are all eating normal Jack.

Well I will be bugged, it is the Rice, they don't like, maybe some plastic in it as it is cheap stuff for them, gave them a Bowl of their Dry food and they all ate heartily, So maybe we should all check that cheap rice just in case EH? :smile:

• Hmm thinking 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Wellwill be bugged, it is the Rice, they don't like, maybe some plastic in it 

As a matter of interest, why are dogs fed rice? Dogs are meat eaters.