Carrying Coals to Newcastle

jimeve
Posted
Posted (edited)

Brussel sprouts, yep I miss those lol. and Leeks.

Edited by jimeve
added veg

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, jimeve said:

Brussel sprouts, yep I miss those lol. and Leeks.

You can sometimes get sprouts in Y Not or sometimes my wife brings them back from Dalaguete. They are in a jar and they are strong. Unfortunately, my daughter likes them so I have to get more supplies.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

They are in a jar and they are strong. 

The muscles from Brussels right enough! 

• Haha 1

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

Pies, sausages rolls, pork pies, scotch eggs, Greggs chicken slice, Iceland 1 pound pizzas, hellmans mayonaise, chocolate digestives, cheese, sausages, bacon, heinz baked beans. Probably a lot more haha.

To be fair I could probably find a lot of it here but would be too expensive so I just avoid lol.

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, DavidK said:

Elephant leg kebabs.

Pull the other leg.....:mocking: my wife and her friend go to a certain Chinese  restaurant in Liverpool that serve Chicken feet!

Although I have not seen them available in Philippines?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

my wife and her friend go to a certain Chinese  restaurant in Liverpool that serve Chicken feet!

Although I have not seen them available in Philippines?

Laugh icon.jpg JB you jest of Course. They are a huge delicacy here cooked chicken feet.jpg or are you really pulling our legs:56da632e94212_1(60):

• Love it 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

I'd love to have a good USDA ribeye steak, medium rare with a baked potato smothered in US sour cream with chives. There are places in Manila where you can get it but you either need to be rich or a politician to be able to afford it.:sad:  

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, stevewool said:

One my holidays there I could not find any nice bread.

I miss the good bread too but luckily the place where we buy Pandasal uses a little Turkish flour in their mix. Not too bad. The Gardenia wheat bread will do in a pinch for ham sandwiches tho.:tongue:

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

I'd love to have a good USDA ribeye steak, medium rare with a baked potato smothered in US sour cream with chives. There are places in Manila where you can get it but you either need to be rich or a politician to be able to afford it.:sad:  

I was very surprised to find sirloin and T-bone steaks at SM Ecoland the other day. They were small but real. They also had some big hunks of sirloin. I was tempted to ask the boy to cut me a 1-inch steak from one piece but didn't. I got some giant beef "cubes" that I'll cut up smaller and cook with cubed pork, sausages and black beans for a make-shift feijoada. I like the BBQ sausages from Swiss Deli here in Davao.

I usually buy Johnsonville smoked sausage for my breakfast meat. Either that or have bacon. Longganisa is good but I literally burp it ALL day and I can't stand that anymore.

I suppose I miss decent tomatoes the most.

• Like 1