EMPLOYERS

Recommended Posts

Posted
2 hours ago, bastonjock said:

My rough plan as of yesterday was ine more visit to davao , then retire in November.  Three weeks ago I had my annual assesment at my job , and I felt that my poop must have smelled like roses it was such a high appraisal. I had two line managers carrying it out and the top one asked me my plans for the future and I mentioned November retirement. 

As I walked out the door after the polite hand shake I got asked , What will it take to change your mind?

I replied offer me 60 days a year paid holiday and a decent pay rise

I got the 60 day offer today lol and the promise of a substantial pay rise 

 

Take it and make the most of it until your plans are set in stone.  Too often employers take advantage until you face up to them.  I had a similar thing prior to my last job. I'd been on a steady £150 a day on contracted work and tried for a rise for ages. Eventually I decided to jump ship to a new job. I never let on that I was starting my new job soon but I contacted the guy who used to sub the work to me and told him I won't be accepting anymore work from him as in my mind I'm worth more. Two days later he asked how much it would take and I said £250 per day ( I could do the work in about 5hrs). He agreed instantly and for about 3 months he send me the list of jobs and I gave them to my mate to do while I got my feet in with another job. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
3 hours ago, stevewool said:

I have just 13 working days left, and what ever they may offer it will not be enough to stay, just my own thought.

13 working days left :wow: but who's counting Steve.

Six months from now you will wonder how you ever had time to go to work in the first place. :thumbsup:

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
16 hours ago, bastonjock said:

.......and I felt that my poop must have smelled like roses it was such a high appraisal. I had two line managers carrying it out...... 

 

Good morning Baston,

Your hilarious narrative is a testimony of your commitment and your skill sets that apparently exceeded your fellow workers' best performance.  

You can definitely walk around now like your shit don't stink.  Yeah soldier, I caught your deep meaning above and I like it!

Respectfully Jake 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
20 hours ago, bastonjock said:

My rough plan as of yesterday was ine more visit to davao , then retire in November.  Three weeks ago I had my annual assesment at my job , and I felt that my poop must have smelled like roses it was such a high appraisal. I had two line managers carrying it out and the top one asked me my plans for the future and I mentioned November retirement. 

As I walked out the door after the polite hand shake I got asked , What will it take to change your mind?

I replied offer me 60 days a year paid holiday and a decent pay rise

I got the 60 day offer today lol and the promise of a substantial pay rise 

 

It may sound good but is it?? I guess it depend on what kind of situation you are in.

If you really need the money before you move, it will be good, but if you do it just because its "easy" extra cash, maybe not so good. Remember that life is a one way journey and time is the only thing we cant get more of. I dont wanna sound negative but thats a fact we cant deny. Personally I will try to go as soon possible and a big reason for that is that my gf is 9 years older than me. If I would wait until I am 65, she would be to old to move I think.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
3 hours ago, Viking said:

If you really need the money before you move, it will be good, but if you do it just because its "easy" extra cash, maybe not so good. Remember that life is a one way journey and time is the only thing we cant get more of.

Those were my thoughts before I moved here. I know some people who would think just 10k more in the bank and it will be good but when they get that 10k they go for another, before they know it they are too old to move and really enjoy their retirement.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I just saw this and it kinda fits well on this thread.53146120_374231273174302_7868072304620601344_n.jpg

Edited by sonjack2847
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...