Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bastonjock

Taking the Michael

Recommended Posts

Im not sure if this is in the right forum ,but i want to winge about a fellow electrician 

Ive been covering for this other sparkie for about 6 months this time , i have to drive down to his area to do his work , i hate the drive it takes about 4 hours round trip 

The guys been on The sick fir 6 months ,now im quite willing to help someone in need but this guy has been getting paid sick pay and yesterday i saw him working for another employer , i did a bit of snooping and found out hes been doing this for some time

So i called it in to the management 

What would you have done

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Screw him! 

I would have done the same thing, why should you have to do extra work so some other guy can earn money under false pretenses.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

Im not sure if this is in the right forum ,but i want to winge about a fellow electrician 

Ive been covering for this other sparkie for about 6 months this time , i have to drive down to his area to do his work , i hate the drive it takes about 4 hours round trip 

The guys been on The sick fir 6 months ,now im quite willing to help someone in need but this guy has been getting paid sick pay and yesterday i saw him working for another employer , i did a bit of snooping and found out hes been doing this for some time

So i called it in to the management 

What would you have done

Hmm... I would not have called in to the management.  Nor would I Have done any snooping prior to that to be perfectly honest. Whilst you undoubtedly have been inconvenienced by his antics, you also mentioned that you had just been offered a promotion and additional holidays so you have been well rewarded for going above and beyond, perhaps?

If I felt the moral obligation to do anything, which maybe you invited by digging deeper, It would be to let the guy know you saw him and advise him to resolve things ASAP OR you will have to report to management i.e. give him the chance to do the right thing.

You did ask after all!  

  • Like 1
  • Love it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next time get him working on video and you will have him by the balls for the rest of his career. 

  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Happyhorn52 said:

Next time get him working on video and you will have him by the balls for the rest of his career. 

Yep, blackmail is the way to go always! :wink:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

Hmm... I would not have called in to the management.  Nor would I Have done any snooping prior to that to be perfectly honest. Whilst you undoubtedly have been inconvenienced by his antics, you also mentioned that you had just been offered a promotion and additional holidays so you have been well rewarded for going above and beyond, perhaps?

If I felt the moral obligation to do anything, which maybe you invited by digging deeper, It would be to let the guy know you saw him and advise him to resolve things ASAP OR you will have to report to management i.e. give him the chance to do the right thing.

You did ask after all!  

HK blues,   A perfect answer in my book, I think you got it spot on.  Going to the management and  grassing on somebody is unacceptable in my books.

:(

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Eddie1 said:

HK blues,   A perfect answer in my book, I think you got it spot on.  Going to the management and  grassing on somebody is unacceptable in my books.

:(

 

I've covered up for the guy so many times that I have lost count , I've fixed his dangerous work on many an occasion , I told him last year that he would be best to find another employer , he was warned and cautioned but he chose to continue , this is not the first time that he has been moonlighting 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, hk blues said:

Hmm... I would not have called in to the management.  Nor would I Have done any snooping prior to that to be perfectly honest. Whilst you undoubtedly have been inconvenienced by his antics, you also mentioned that you had just been offered a promotion and additional holidays so you have been well rewarded for going above and beyond, perhaps?

If I felt the moral obligation to do anything, which maybe you invited by digging deeper, It would be to let the guy know you saw him and advise him to resolve things ASAP OR you will have to report to management i.e. give him the chance to do the right thing.

You did ask after all!  

Its not something he did by mistake, he knew very well what he was doing so why feel sorry for him? He was taking advantage of his friends kindness and now its time for him to face the consequenses of his actions.

 

6 hours ago, Eddie1 said:

HK blues,   A perfect answer in my book, I think you got it spot on.  Going to the management and  grassing on somebody is unacceptable in my books.

:(

 

Normally I would agree with what you are saying but I think this guy really was asking for it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Eddie1 said:

HK blues,   A perfect answer in my book, I think you got it spot on.  Going to the management and  grassing on somebody is unacceptable in my books.

:(

 

I would have confronted him and only gone to the management as a last resort. I also don`t like grasses.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, bastonjock said:

Im not sure if this is in the right forum ,but i want to winge about a fellow electrician 

Ive been covering for this other sparkie for about 6 months this time , i have to drive down to his area to do his work , i hate the drive it takes about 4 hours round trip 

The guys been on The sick fir 6 months ,now im quite willing to help someone in need but this guy has been getting paid sick pay and yesterday i saw him working for another employer , i did a bit of snooping and found out hes been doing this for some time

So i called it in to the management 

What would you have done

I seem to remember you writing that you had somebody covering for you whilst you were doing another job.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...