What type of area to go for long term success/ first timer?

DirkSquirrel
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, i am bob said:

Hehe!  If you want that remote?  You won't be having internet...   

ok so there are a couple of neighbours but their shacks don't look wired to anything. i'm only a couple of minutes from a main road, so not totally in the sticks

i am bob
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, DirkSquirrel said:

ok so there are a couple of neighbours but their shacks don't look wired to anything. i'm only a couple of minutes from a main road, so not totally in the sticks

You'd be surprised...  I'm in a compound off the main road and there's one house between me and the main road...  In town!  PLDT and Sky won't come on here...  And I refuse to deal with Globe after they charged me for 11 months service that they didn't provide and I was on a month--by-month contract as my contact had expired 2 months before the mess began...  I had to get the government involved before they realized I had grounds to not only take them to court but the government was ready to start major proceedings against them...  Globe decided I didn't owe them anything...  Lovely company...  Hehe!

• Like 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)

City or country...my choice was made for me when I married! Tandag city...we bought a 700 SM lot on the beach there (we knocked down the old house on it), on the national highway, so I guess it will be country if I ever put down deeper roots there. Of the places I've seen, if I were to choose, I think Panglao island is desirable. Cities are nice for fun (esp if you're single), but I prefer more quiet locations.

20180624_075650.jpg20180531_111317.jpg

Edited by Reboot
  • Like 3

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)

Edited by Reboot

John Chamberlain
Posted
Posted
On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 12:09 PM, John Chamberlain said:

I have a Philippino wife who I met in the UK, so when over in Ph we always go to where my wife used to live and see family, so we are committed to living in Isabela which is an agricultural rural province. I have always lived in the country so it suits me but as others have said, there are very few bars, hotels or restaurants, Cagayan City which is a 40 minute drive from us has most of that sort of thing plus shopping malls & super markets, so we are not isolated but very few expats about and most entertainment is at our home or some one else's and family play an important part  of our social life. When we live in Ph on a more permanent basis I am going to make sure I have the best internet connection available as well as Sat TV so I don't get bored ! I think it is important to remember that if you want to meet a girlfriend/wife you are very likely to find she will want to live near to family but as others have said its up to you, there are so many great places what ever you want.  

• Like 2

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

I've been living in Antique for 2 years which is more provincial than most. I like it overall but some bad points:
Hardly any decent food, barely any entertainment, if you want anything out of the ordinary you have to wait atleast a week ordering online, they speak less English than Manila, you'll get stared at a lot more, there's only maybe 30 foreigners living in the whole province I think.

• Like 2