How does the Ya-ya (live in maid) system work?

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

If we didn't have the three strike rule then we are no better than them, because don't forget there are rules here and you just cannot sack someone because they are dumb as dog sh.t, it just does not work with the government agencies.

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Yes, they are very specialized in the worst Filipino driving habits that they picked up while getting their experience driving a trike! :shock_40_anim_gif:  IMHO the professional drivers are the worst, at least in my area.

Resume

- I can make a u-turn on any street, no matter the width or traffic

- I will double/triple park, blocking all traffic, until you are ready to leave

- If you are in a hurry, I will counterflow against the traffic and if we are not killed, you will be on time.

etc., etc.  :hystery:

You nailed it, they do not give a damn.

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

Already posted before I had a bad experience with a maid. Stole money and started a fire to try and burn the evidence, nearly burned the whole house down lol.
Not worth taking the risk of having uneducated people living in poverty in your house in my opinion. Only takes 1 to smash their head on the wall and tell the police you hit them and it's game over.

• Like 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Yes, they are very specialized in the worst Filipino driving habits that they picked up while getting their experience driving a trike! :shock_40_anim_gif:  IMHO the professional drivers are the worst, at least in my area.

Resume

- If you are in a hurry, I will counterflow against the traffic and if we are not killed, you will be on time.

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Resume

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Guys please lighten up a bit on the sweeping generalizations. Not all Filipinos are the same. Many Members here have had difficulties with help in their home. Others have done OK. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love it 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

So now I have a new strategy, whilst driving into or back from town, I turn on my best music very loud and drive slower than the tricyles and the jeepneys on the very narrow road that we are on, if you cannot beat them than play their same game, driving at 20kph and sometimes less because they want to conserve fuel, I am in no hurry.

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Guys please lighten up a bit on the sweeping generalizations. Not all Filipinos are the same. Many Members here have had difficulties with help in their home. Others have done OK. 

Well good luck to them and I really mean that, but if I had listened to a good friend of mine a few years back who told me "Don't do it" I would not have the same angst as I have after four of them who all they wanted to do was a have a free ride at our expense for no effort from then, zilch, nought, nothing just wanted to do nothing and get paid for it.

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted
Just now, Old55 said:

that's why I said 'not worth the risk', I'm sure most are fine but even if 95% are great then I'm not going to take the 1/20 chance that someone tries to burn my house down or worse lol.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Onemore52 said:

If we didn't have the three strike rule then we are no better than them, because don't forget there are rules here and you just cannot sack someone because they are dumb as dog sh.t, it just does not work with the government agencies.

Reading this, I for one cannot understand why you have problems with your employees!  :whistling:

• Hmm thinking 1