How does the Ya-ya (live in maid) system work?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

Yes, because in the end I am paying for someone that I am doing their work, because they are so dumb.

Your treading a fine line with the forum rules. 

Let me ask you, if you were born here in the province where education may not be the best or non existent that it's fair to call you dumb? 

If it's that bad use some of your profit from your business to help the future generations since you have these people working for you for a reason.

• Like 5

Viking
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

If we didn't have the three strike rule then we are no better than them, because don't forget there are rules here and you just cannot sack someone because they are dumb as dog sh.t, it just does not work with the government agencies.

We have probably drifted away from the topic now but I cant help to think, did you not check up if they were qualified for the job Before you hired them???:89: 

If not, I guess its a bit late to complain now. Anyway, I wish you all of luck in the future with your business :cheers:

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

I will take the fifth.

• Love it 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Onemore52 said:

I will take the fifth.

Me too…..

spacer.png

• Like 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Your treading a fine line with the forum rules. 

Let me ask you, if you were born here in the province where education may not be the best or non existent that it's fair to call you dumb? 

If it's that bad use some of your profit from your business to help the future generations since you have these people working for you for a reason.

We already are putting 2 employees through university, one to become a nurse and the other to become a teacher, we offered to put another one through senior education but she declined saying she just wants to be a homemake.

The young lady that we are providing an education to become a teacher is the most outstanding person I have ever met with her dedication to us, we don't consider her as an employee but one of the family because of her morals, I say this because last year some of our former employees grouped together to copy our product, which is a compliment some people may say, but they copied our label as well as the product, the only thing they didn't have was the recipe that has been around for forty years, so they tried to coax our employee to their side to give them the recipe, which she declined to do, such is the high regard she has for us for what we have done for her. It cost us a fortune in legal fees to stop these people from imitating our product and to even have the police to go around and take their product of the shelves of our customers. The manager of our company always ensures that if anybody is having a birthday they get a cake and a present on the day and every 3 months the employees are taken on a picnic, where everything is provided for them and on Christmas Day presents are given not just to the children but to the adults as well, with our attitude of if you do the right thing by us we will return the favour.

Because we are in the process of expanding the business, we have built 2 new factories to have better working conditions for the employees, as the original factory was built 30 years ago and wasn't up to what we considered modern occupational health and safety laws, in building these 2 factories we ran out of room and although we have another block of land adjacent our neighbours would not give us access to it, so I donated some of my land to build new accommodation for the employees, which includes a canteen and a recreational area so they can watch television in their time off.

And so ends this thread.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Good for you Onemore52. I truly believe what goes around comes around. 

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 3/13/2019 at 11:10 AM, hk blues said:

I don't have the experience you have to dispute, but it does seem unlikely that all are liars and see kindness as a weakness.  If so, what a sad indictment of people here in the Philippines.  

Sadly if one, as I was, 

employing local people from similar areas this is by far the usual out come.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, RBM said:

Sadly if one, as I was, 

I don't doubt it RBM,  but i found it kinda unlikely that all were liars etc etc.  - it is usually wrong and unfair to generalise to such an extreme.  Also, regardless, it's surely wrong to call people dumb and dumb as sh*t?

Honestly speaking, I found the whole thing offensive to the people of the Philippines but hey ho, it takes all sorts! 

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

So, Boyee, do you understand how the Ya Ya system works now?  :89:

I would say that is takes a lot of luck, and time, to find workers who are a good fit with your family and the work you need done on the Ponderosa.  Be prepared to test a few before you find keepers.  Although you want to treat them well, keep it businesslike as much as possible.

As you will have a ranch / farm, it would do you well to watch all the old Bonanza episodes.  The Cartwrights had to deal with many rotating ranchhands, some with good hearts, some with bad.

Welcome to the wild, wild West!  :smile:

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
On 3/14/2019 at 2:39 PM, RBM said:

Sadly if one, as I was, 

A couple of weeks ago one of the emplyees approached us saying he wanted to be a delivery driver for the product, he had been with us for a while so we thought we would give him a go. So we went through the process of getting him his licence to drive the small van, even payed some money to the local authorities to fast track his application, so after getting his licence and doing well for a week he approached the boss and asked for an advance of pay, 2500php to be exact, which was given to him. Last night was pay day so we were expecting some repayment from him as to date we have falked out 8000php to him for getting his licence and the advance in pay. When he didn't show up for the first delivery this morning we went to the barracks to see what was going on, his fellow workers told us that after he got paid last night he packed up all his belongings and left.

Also this morning three other workers left no warning, nothing just left, after breakfast of course. The word on the street is that they have gone to work for the competition, because the competition pays more, which I suppose is a dangled carrot not to be missed, but they didn't work out the maths of the situation, that here they get free board and free meals, with the competition there isn't any of that.

• Thanks 1
  • Hmm thinking 1