Jack Peterson

Mickey Mantle got it right methinks !

As an ex - Serviceman I will admit, that during my Service time and some after, I did some Strange and ill advised things that to a degree, I am paying for now.  So Friday brings my 1/2 yearly Doctor's Visit with a Firm hope that the last 6 months have been good for me ( Remembering that Christmas and new year always takes its toll) anyway, being a Thinker (at times) I will not dwell on Friday as there is not much I can do about things. Thursday ( Tomorrow) is Laboratory day , so for me, that is a little more important, ( Bloods and stuff)  Tonight will be just the one Beer and nothing sweet. Tomorrow is our meet day in Dumaguete but as I will have the Lab stuff done at 5.30 am it will be Yippee let then Flow at 1 pm with the guys.

However it does bring to mind Mickey Mantles quote on the issue and hope it will serve as a reminder to those like me that had a somewhat early misspent life

Wish me luck G & G's  and think on this mickeymantle1-2x.jpg :whistling: :thumbsup:

37 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

As an ex - Serviceman I will admit, that during my Service time and some after, I did some Strange and ill advised things that to a degree, I am paying for now.  So Friday brings my 1/2 yearly Doctor's Visit with a Firm hope that the last 6 months have been good for me ( Remembering that Christmas and new year always takes its toll) anyway, being a Thinker (at times) I will not dwell on Friday as there is not much I can do about things. Thursday ( Tomorrow) is Laboratory day , so for me, that is a little more important, ( Bloods and stuff)  Tonight will be just the one Beer and nothing sweet. Tomorrow is our meet day in Dumaguete but as I will have the Lab stuff done at 5.30 am it will be Yippee let then Flow at 1 pm with the guys.

However it does bring to mind Mickey Mantles quote on the issue and hope it will serve as a reminder to those like me that had a somewhat early misspent life

Wish me luck G & G's  and think on this mickeymantle1-2x.jpg :whistling: :thumbsup:

Wide words.  Too late for me  now though!

Best of luck with the doc. Jack.

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

Best of luck with the doc. Jack.

Thank you (1).jpg :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

I consulted my magic 8 ball. You will do well. Besides, your good looking dogs are depending on you! :56da64af91f92_23_11_602:

7 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Tonight will be just the one Beer and nothing sweet. Tomorrow is our meet day in Dumaguete

Old Chinese saying......Like motor car keep body well oiled :cheersty:

• Like 1

The quote is especially apt considering that Mr. Mantle died of cirrhosis of the liver.  I have read, not sure if true, that he was denied a liver transplant because he was a chronic alcoholic.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mike J said:

I have read, not sure if true, that he was denied a liver transplant because he was a chronic alcoholic.

Yes so I also heard and a few more besides, We in the UK were astounded by the fact that one of the best footballers we had, George Best (Manchester United & Northern Ireland)  had one even though he was a chronic, he died shortly ( 1 year I believe) after a second transplant because he just could not stop Drinking. My habit is now very controlled :58:

• Like 1