Law requires new bigger plates for motorcycles

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
On 3/15/2019 at 7:34 AM, Mike J said:

The use of stolen plates will also have a fine of P50,000 to P100,000.

Hmm.  I'll put myself in the criminal's shoe for a minute.  I am using stolen plates so I can do something illegal, perhaps a drug deal or an assassination.  So if I get caught I will no longer get shot and killed for that,  I will just be fined50K pesos.  Yeah, I can "live" with that.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I am using stolen plates

My Plates and I know where you Live :hystery: Kidding of course my friend But.......... you never know EH?

• Haha 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Mike J said:

Probably only be back plates.  Just need to see who is getting away, not those about to run you down. :hystery:

I am old enough and I've been riding motorbikes long enough to remember the fight against front number plates (also called pedestrian slicers) in Australia so I am not surprised that local Filipino motorcycle groups are protesting the new law (which from the news articles I've read does require both front and rear number plates).

Top Gear Philippines article on the subject

Edited by GeoffH

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, hk blues said:

I love that American optimism! :smile:

I'm more of a realist. Maybe things are different in Iloilo.:89:

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

I'm more of a realist. Maybe things are different in Iloilo.:89:

I was thinking 2025 was being optimistic! 

• Haha 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Hmm.  I'll put myself in the criminal's shoe for a minute.  I am using stolen plates so I can do something illegal, perhaps a drug deal or an assassination.  So if I get caught I will no longer get shot and killed for that,  I will just be fined50K pesos.  Yeah, I can "live" with that.

Why not just put a big assassin sign on the guys who were hired to do the HIT? That way a concerned citizen can go wake up the cops who are sleeping in their "patrol cars" to do something about it. Funniest place ever. A police car was behind me yesterday with the blue lights flashing. Driving normally along with the rest of the traffic. Maybe this just happens in Cavite or is it the same all over?:shades:

Viking
Posted
Posted
On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 12:34 AM, Mike J said:

Driving without a number plate can result in imprisonment and a fine of P50,000 to P100,000.

The use of stolen plates will also have a fine of P50,000 to P100,000.

If proven that a motorcycle was used for a crime of grave felony or escape from the scene of a crime, its owner, driver and passenger will face 12 to 40 years in prison.

So if you dont notice that your plates were stolen, and you then drive with your mc,  you get the same punishment as the one who stole the plates?? :89:

On top of that you can get 12-40 years in prison if your stolen mc is used in a crime of grave felony??? This assuming it was stolen during the same night the crime was commited and before you noticed and report it stolen. :Policeman: