Exercise is a dirty word I know... but....

OzeMike
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, PaulB said:

Ozemike

At 72 you should be looking to maintain muscle so I would prescribe an early morning, low weight,  Full body, HIIT training program every other day. This could be all over in 20 minutes. Buy a set of 10 to 20 kg dumbbells and either an inflatable exercise ball or bench and do the following:

- Dumbell Chest Press x 3 sets - 15 reps no rest, do one set then to next exercise below until both have 3 sets completed

- Dumbell Squats x 3 sets - 15 reps. As you have done chest set before the blood will flow from chest to legs making the heart pump

- Dumbell Curls x 3 sets - 15 reps, straight into 

-Dumbell alternate leg lunges x 3 sets - 15 reps (each leg). Again Curls is upper and lunge is lower so blood will move pumping heart

-Tricep dip using bench x 3 sets - 15 reps

- Shoulder press x 3 sets - 15 reps

- Finish with Ab crunch and one minute Ab Plank

This will work up a sweat, be over quickly, pump your heart and can be done alternate days.

OR - chill out and have a drink.

Just my advice and its free!!!! I am 54 and use the gym 5 days a week. Muscle burns fat all day and a High Intensity, Interval Training gets your system going better than a couple of hours walking. By the way, as I am still working, I used to make excuses that I had no time and I never went after work as too tired. My solution, get up an hour earlier and go to bed an hour earlier and now I am in the gym at 445am and out by 515am and it is OVER. I can't say I like the gym but I do LIKE the feeling that before most people have woken from their dreams of sleeping with the wife's cousin, I have finished my workout.

Paul

Thanks Paul.... think I will chill out and have a drink haha... but seriously I will try to do some weights work each day and go to bed earlier and get up an hour earlier and power walk. 

Appreciate your information

Interestingly you didn't emphasis diet... do you follow any particular health diet? 

Cheers

• Haha 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, PaulB said:

Ozemike

At 72 you should be looking to maintain muscle so I would prescribe an early morning, low weight,  Full body, HIIT training program every other day. This could be all over in 20 minutes. Buy a set of 10 to 20 kg dumbbells and either an inflatable exercise ball or bench and do the following:

- Dumbell Chest Press x 3 sets - 15 reps no rest, do one set then to next exercise below until both have 3 sets completed

- Dumbell Squats x 3 sets - 15 reps. As you have done chest set before the blood will flow from chest to legs making the heart pump

- Dumbell Curls x 3 sets - 15 reps, straight into 

-Dumbell alternate leg lunges x 3 sets - 15 reps (each leg). Again Curls is upper and lunge is lower so blood will move pumping heart

-Tricep dip using bench x 3 sets - 15 reps

- Shoulder press x 3 sets - 15 reps

- Finish with Ab crunch and one minute Ab Plank

This will work up a sweat, be over quickly, pump your heart and can be done alternate days.

OR - chill out and have a drink.

Just my advice and its free!!!! I am 54 and use the gym 5 days a week. Muscle burns fat all day and a High Intensity, Interval Training gets your system going better than a couple of hours walking. By the way, as I am still working, I used to make excuses that I had no time and I never went after work as too tired. My solution, get up an hour earlier and go to bed an hour earlier and now I am in the gym at 445am and out by 515am and it is OVER. I can't say I like the gym but I do LIKE the feeling that before most people have woken from their dreams of sleeping with the wife's cousin, I have finished my workout.

Paul

Sounds like too much work.:mellow:

Edited by Arizona Kid
mispell

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

Just started playing golf, should be about a 4 mile walk but I end up doing about 10 miles with my ball going all over the place:biggrin:.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

Just started playing golf, should be about a 4 mile walk but I end up doing about 10 miles with my ball going all over the place:biggrin:.

You can get something to wear under your shorts for that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 3/17/2019 at 12:08 PM, OzeMike said:

Thanks Paul.... think I will chill out and have a drink haha... but seriously I will try to do some weights work each day and go to bed earlier and get up an hour earlier and power walk. 

Appreciate your information

Interestingly you didn't emphasis diet... do you follow any particular health diet? 

Cheers

They have cross dressers I mean walking machines in Hypermart 8k.

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 3/17/2019 at 8:37 AM, sonjack2847 said:

There is a good aircon gym opposite the bell tower in town. Robinson's hardware has reasonably priced exercise machines.

Have you considered some of the excellent hiking tracks in Valencia, I have spent countless hours there hiking. Mostly different tracks and guess seen less than 10%

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

OzeMike
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

They have cross dressers I mean walking machines in Hypermart 8k.

Hmmm...the human mind is a wondorous organ.... trying to get the connection between cross dressers and walking machines....lady boys in jogging gear demonstrating the tread mills perhaps?:89:

OzeMike
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RBM said:

Have you considered some of the excellent hiking tracks in Valencia, I have spent countless hours there hiking. Mostly different tracks and guess seen less than 10%

Yes RBM have started exploring various walks up in Apolong and Casaroro Falls. Excellent work out!  With great scenery. 

IMG_20190320_100148.jpg

Edited by OzeMike
Typo
  • Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I have to admit...  I do that dirty word too...  Every second morning I throw on a pair of board shorts, a shirt, and throw a towel and a change of clothes in a bag and then do a 45 minute walk to my fiance's house while the sun is rising...  We then walk the 5 minutes to the beach and spend an hour or so in the water doing things I shouldn't repeat here...  No, not that...  Lol!  Swimming and exercising in the water...  The Senator Manny training...  Lol!  A snack and drink after, back to her house to change and laugh as her 3 year old daughter tries to open her sleepy eyes while saying "Day, I lub ooo", laugh again when her sisters stumble out of the bedroom to them shriek as they aren't dressed, and then outside for a 30 minute walk home...  Then it's to work for the rest of the day...  On the other days I do planks, push-ups, etc, then write until noon when my sweetheart and sweetie come to spend the rest of the day with me...   I have trouble sleeping past 5 and often I'm up at 4 so mornings are a great time to get the miles in before it gets too hot...  And, between the walking, water and other exercises, I'm in pretty good shape...  Ok, besides being told over 20 years ago I needed new knees (still do but it hasn't stopped me) and breaking my back a couple times (once by motorcycle and twice by aircraft that wouldn't stay up), I'm doing ok...  It's the thing that got me my pension from the military that keeps me from doing the extreme stuff...  No sense of balance...  Turn off the lights and, if it's pitch black?  I fall down...  Hehe!  But, hey!  If I can do these things and stay in the shape I'm in?  At 70?  It should be easy!  Only 9 more years and I'll let you know how that goes ..  hehe!

• Like 3
  • Love it 1

OzeMike
Posted
Posted (edited)

The key, apart from having a lovely fiance 45mins walk away as an incentive and those sea exercises together:dance:, seems to be getting up at 5am before the sun rises... I guess your in bed asleep by 9pm?  This is what I need to do but I have never been an earlier riser.. hmmm..let reword that..bouncy and bushy tailed at 5am! 

Congrats on your exercise regime at 70 inspiring... many thanks.

Edited by OzeMike
Correction
  • Like 1