Exercise is a dirty word I know... but....

russellmania
Posted
Posted
On 3/16/2019 at 6:37 AM, PaulB said:

Ozemike

At 72 you should be looking to maintain muscle so I would prescribe an early morning, low weight,  Full body, HIIT training program every other day. This could be all over in 20 minutes. Buy a set of 10 to 20 kg dumbbells and either an inflatable exercise ball or bench and do the following:

- Dumbell Chest Press x 3 sets - 15 reps no rest, do one set then to next exercise below until both have 3 sets completed

- Dumbell Squats x 3 sets - 15 reps. As you have done chest set before the blood will flow from chest to legs making the heart pump

- Dumbell Curls x 3 sets - 15 reps, straight into 

-Dumbell alternate leg lunges x 3 sets - 15 reps (each leg). Again Curls is upper and lunge is lower so blood will move pumping heart

-Tricep dip using bench x 3 sets - 15 reps

- Shoulder press x 3 sets - 15 reps

- Finish with Ab crunch and one minute Ab Plank

This will work up a sweat, be over quickly, pump your heart and can be done alternate days.

OR - chill out and have a drink.

Just my advice and its free!!!! I am 54 and use the gym 5 days a week. Muscle burns fat all day and a High Intensity, Interval Training gets your system going better than a couple of hours walking. By the way, as I am still working, I used to make excuses that I had no time and I never went after work as too tired. My solution, get up an hour earlier and go to bed an hour earlier and now I am in the gym at 445am and out by 515am and it is OVER. I can't say I like the gym but I do LIKE the feeling that before most people have woken from their dreams of sleeping with the wife's cousin, I have finished my workout.

Paul

Woah this work out program is very close to mine! When I retired a 55 yrs old in 2013  I was 6 ft 6 260 lbs. My doctor told me I need to drop some pounds for my health and to add yrs to my life. And I took his advice and enrolled in a gym in USA and went alternate days.Watched what I ate and was dedicated to working out. The only difference in my workout is I like to run the treadmill for 20 mins to work up a good sweat. Then cardio, free weights, circuit machines then im out. I live in Cebu City now for three yrs and I work out at AnyTime Fitness and my target time is 4am to beat the crowd. Today im 60yrs old and 206 lbs and feel great. I also go to Metro Gym on Salinas Dr only to do some shoot around basketball, which I cant get out of my blood!

• Like 2