Wanting to Know the Best Buy for a Multicab in the Philippines,,,

Cool ICE-Philippines
Posted
Posted (edited)

I am interested in purchasing a Multicabs at Davao City, Philippines. I am sure the Suzuki Multicabs are fine, but what i'm wanting to know is, what are the parts that usually have to be repaired and what parts do I need to be aware of?. I need info regarding best Multicabs to purchase, and what engine size. I'm sure the European diesel engines would be acceptable for the longevity vehicle. What parts and oils need attention, and the best parts to purchase if anything does happen to the vehicle , information for me is very important, I have purchased a Honda TMX Supremo at Calinan for a lot less then the Davao City Premises, so am going back to the Calinan District province of Davao Del Sur.

Edited by Cool ICE-Philippines

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Multicabs are hand build from parts that arrive in containers from Japan. A lot depend on how well it has been put back together and how much has been left out.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

A Suzuki is easy to find parts for. If you buy any vehicle be aware that they can only be re-registered in the region that they were first registered in and if you buy one in another region other than where you live each year you will have to go back there or get someone to go back and register it for you. 

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

A Suzuki is easy to find parts for. If you buy any vehicle be aware that they can only be re-registered in the region that they were first registered in and if you buy one in another region other than where you live each year you will have to go back there or get someone to go back and register it for you. 

Are you sure about this?  My vehicle has NCR plates but I have no problem re-registering it here in Region 3.

It is in the original owner's name.  To change it to my name, I think I would have to go to NCR.

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Are you sure about this?  My vehicle has NCR plates but I have no problem re-registering it here in Region 3.

It is in the original owner's name.  To change it to my name, I think I would have to go to NCR.

When most people here buy a used vehicle they just keep it registered at the LTO in the original owners name when they renew. I found that out when I bought a 1994 Honda Accord about 10 years ago. Changing ownership papers cost more so hardly anybody bothers to do it. My bro in law owns the car now so if he sells it he will do the same thing. Just keep all the paperwork in a folder.:56da64af91f92_23_11_602:

• Like 1

Ram1957
Posted
Posted
43 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

When most people here buy a used vehicle they just keep it registered at the LTO in the original owners name when they renew. I found that out when I bought a 1994 Honda Accord about 10 years ago. Changing ownership papers cost more so hardly anybody bothers to do it. My bro in law owns the car now so if he sells it he will do the same thing. Just keep all the paperwork in a folder.:56da64af91f92_23_11_602:

You put yourself at risk when a change of ownership is not completed. If the new owner gets involved in a hit and run and runs off it could put you into a position you wouldn't want to be in being the previous owner. They will come looking for you and you being the rich foreigner will open up some expensive lawsuits or worse. I have always did what was required when selling a car. People here like to pull the open bill of sale  and it could very well come back to bite you in the a**.

• Like 3
  • Love it 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

OK but here in Dumaguete, I know 2 people who bought vehicles in Mindanao and have to get there each year to register Maybe it is just a Mindanao thing.

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

I thoroughly reccomend this one , you can purchase it from the mall in davao 

On a more serious note , i have a suzuki multicab , they are very basic 

IMG-20181211-WA0001.jpg

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, bastonjock said:

i have a suzuki multicab , they are very basic 

Yes, they are but I`m ok with that as it does what is intended of it. 

• Like 1

kalibojerry
Posted
Posted

Cool Ice

I have bought 3 the best company would be Phil Truck the most important thing is to find a mancanic that you can trust I would do a tune up on the motor check the brakes and make sure your fluids are checked oil, antfreeze brake fluids etc parts are easy to get and the cost is cheap, 12301628_918730761552598_6175018342191994005_n.jpg 

12311052_918731368219204_4833805440595545803_n.jpg

11214112_937795236312817_5892483003403629265_n.jpg

• Like 1