Wanting to Know the Best Buy for a Multicab in the Philippines,,,

jimeve
Posted
Posted

Imported from scrap yards in Japan, then assembled in the Philippines.

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

OK but here in Dumaguete, I know 2 people who bought vehicles in Mindanao and have to get there each year to register Maybe it is just a Mindanao thing.

That is normal, I bought a van in Negros Occidental and was unable to regerister it in Negros Occidental. Had to do smoke test in  Oriental , stencils, no problem to register in then in Occidental.

Think it can be transferred over but  not yet tried.

RBM
Posted
Posted

Have owned several Norkis built multi cabs, said to be among the best in Cebu. No more, it's MHO  far better off spending more and buying an imported van. Multi cabs have on going issues always, plus if near sea they rust out quickly. The assembly process is very sub standard.

Gary D
Posted
Posted

A lot depends on how well the right to left hand drive conversion has been done but you can have any configuration that you want.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Search
Posted
Posted
On 3/20/2019 at 6:52 AM, kalibojerry said:

Cool Ice

I have bought 3 the best company would be Phil Truck the most important thing is to find a mancanic that you can trust I would do a tune up on the motor check the brakes and make sure your fluids are checked oil, antfreeze brake fluids etc parts are easy to get and the cost is cheap, 12301628_918730761552598_6175018342191994005_n.jpg 

12311052_918731368219204_4833805440595545803_n.jpg

11214112_937795236312817_5892483003403629265_n.jpg

How long have you had your multicabs?  What sort of price range did your multicabs run you?

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted (edited)

This is the left hand Japan conversion Wrangler that I bought years ago. I was proud of it. I put the bullnose and light bar on myself..well my mechanic did. A little confusing because the turn signals and light switches were on opposite sides but I got used to it.:dance: My 13 yr old son was about 4 or 5 then. I ended up selling it for more than I paid for it.

sasakyan ko parin front view.jpg

side view at singit ang anak ko.jpg

Edited by Arizona Kid
more info
  • Like 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

And it was 4wd.

• 5 months later...
Cool ICE-Philippines
Posted
Posted
On 3/18/2019 at 2:51 PM, sonjack2847 said:

A Suzuki is easy to find parts for. If you buy any vehicle be aware that they can only be re-registered in the region that they were first registered in and if you buy one in another region other than where you live each year you will have to go back there or get someone to go back and register it for you. 

Thats wise to know about a pre registration regarding where you live,,,i didn't know and wasn't aware of that procedure,,,thank you,,,

Cool ICE-Philippines
Posted
Posted
On 3/18/2019 at 10:31 AM, Gary D said:

Multicabs are hand build from parts that arrive in containers from Japan. A lot depend on how well it has been put back together and how much has been left out.

Thank you Gary, would you recommend a dealer or buying from individuals???,,,

Cool ICE-Philippines
Posted
Posted
On 3/19/2019 at 2:04 AM, Ram1957 said:

You put yourself at risk when a change of ownership is not completed. If the new owner gets involved in a hit and run and runs off it could put you into a position you wouldn't want to be in being the previous owner. They will come looking for you and you being the rich foreigner will open up some expensive lawsuits or worse. I have always did what was required when selling a car. People here like to pull the open bill of sale  and it could very well come back to bite you in the a**.

So if i purchased a used vehicle at Davao City, do i need a updated Phil drivers license?, and a renewing of the new owners registration of the vehicle purchased?, from the seller to buyer registration?,